? servers

? players online

Events suggestion

• Content Count:  5375

Good afternoon,

I would like to propose a rule of thumb for event scheduling going forward. As most of you know, many of us have obligations during the week that may require us to be somewhere other than at home on the computer at 6 PM EST. While I am aware that the communitys servers are located in New York, many of us live in locations that are not within the EST timezones. For example, an event hosted at 6 PM EST on a Friday will translate to 3 PM Pacific where most people will still be at school, work, ECT...

Therefore, I would like to remind members of the events team that you will likely have a better turnout to your event if you schedule events either A) on the weekend or B) for an acceptable time for people in most parts of the county to reasonably be able to participate.

While I appreciate the effort all members of the events team have shown, I think that adjusting the way we schedule events may lead to more successful events.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  5375

Good Idea,

Could also host two events in the same night,

For your example, One at 6PM Est and 9-10PM Est.

While this may seem like a viable solution at first glance I do not think this is the way to go about it. Any event with prizes would be automatically doubled which means a higher cost to run those events leading to less events overall, in addition to that, competitive events would likely also spark unnecessary drama due to having two of them ran.

• Content Count:  484

Or just move to the east coast lmao fuckin Cali normies.

I think this could be a good solution, considering a good amount of SG players are adults and have jobs and high schoolers that don’t get out till like 2-3, so moving the event further to around 9 or just making it on a weekend could surely help with the turnout.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  11723

While this may seem like a viable solution at first glance I do not think this is the way to go about it. Any event with prizes would be automatically doubled which means a higher cost to run those events leading to less events overall, in addition to that, competitive events would likely also spark unnecessary drama due to having two of them ran.

I understand that part, I should of added more to it.

Even if the first event had prizes and the 2nd event was just to play said game, I could see a lot of issues.

So if there are no prizes, have two event times.

If there is an event time, have it at a time both West and East can join.

Plus do we have a good deal of ET staff who should be able to handle later events.

• Content Count:  5108

I was meaning to post on this a few days ago when we had our Events team meeting but I forgot to do so.

This was brought up at our meeting and the team collectively agreed that we should try to be cognizant of the fact that we have players from all areas of the world. Primarily, we are a US East based community and while it is best to try and schedule times that will accommodate for multiple timezones, this will not always happen unfortunately. I conveyed to my team that they should not kill themselves if they are having issues finding a time that will allow for everyone to be able to join while fitting in with their schedule. However, I did mention that it is definitely worth taking a little extra effort to look for a reasonable time instead of just slapping a time and date with no further thought. At the end of the day we know we will not be able to please everyone (as much as we'd like to), so as long as they can look for a time that isn't too outlandish then that is fine by me.

Nevertheless, you make a very fair point and we will try with our best effort to look for times that will work around our own schedule and the schedules of what will likely fit for the majority of the players here. Thanks for the suggestion, @delirium!

• Like 2

Reply to Thread