? servers

? players online

PSA: Distance orders

• Content Count:  449

Seen word going round that cts cannot say "back up" or something like that. This is false. In the FAQ, in regards to distance orders it states:

Q- Are distance orders allowed?

A- CTs can not tell a T to stay a certain measure away (such as "stay 5 feet away"). A CT may ask a T to step back or back away from them."

So CTs are allowed to say "back up" or something like that, just not "stay 5 feet away". Just an FYI.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  2342

"Back up" is such an arbitrary order though that's open to interpretation. Almost always a followup question one has is "how far?" when that order is given. Even one step back or a PIXEL back means that order is fulfilled. This is why I've heard no one give this order before without making it a distance order - far too much interpretation for it to be of any use. Thoughts?

• Like 2

• Content Count:  697

"Back up" is such an arbitrary order though that's open to interpretation. Almost always a followup question one has is "how far?" when that order is given. Even one step back or a PIXEL back means that order is fulfilled. This is why I've heard no one give this order before without making it a distance order - far too much interpretation for it to be of any use. Thoughts?

common sense if the aint backin up ima shoot them.

• Content Count:  3294

common sense if the aint backin up ima shoot them.

Of course it's common sense. However in the eyes of a T who wants to rebel, if a CT says "back up" he can just take a half step back. Then if he's killed/freeshot/etc. he has the right to whine and complain on mic. While he did back up, since no specific location or length (not allowed) was given he is completely in the right. I've seen CT's panic order "freeze" when they're about to die and accidentally freekill, so what stops this order from causing the same confusion/headache. I never thought order's like "back up", "stop and most general orders like "you there stop" were okay because they're open to interpretation and cause too much chaos.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  697

Of course it's common sense. However in the eyes of a T who wants to rebel, if a CT says "back up" he can just take a half step back. Then if he's killed/freeshot/etc. he has the right to whine and complain on mic. While he did back up, since no specific location or length (not allowed) was given he is completely in the right. I've seen CT's panic order "freeze" when they're about to die and accidentally freekill, so what stops this order from causing the same confusion/headache. I never thought order's like "back up", "stop and most general orders like "you there stop" were okay because they're open to interpretation and cause too much chaos.

i dont care if they complain if they dont back up ima shoot them

• Like 1

• Content Count:  641

Even though "back up" is very arbitrary, how else can you protect yourself from an encroaching T? You could narrow the order by saying "back up to ", but that requires time to think about what you're saying - which can be too little too late - and you're dead.

If they play stupid and back up a pixel, you can just say "back up even more."

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2342

Even though "back up" is very arbitrary, how else can you protect yourself from an encroaching T? You could narrow the order by saying "back up to ", but that requires time to think about what you're saying - which can be too little too late - and you're dead.

If they play stupid and back up a pixel, you can just say "back up even more."

Usually the way most CTs approach this is just to ask all Ts to freeze, or the Ts name in question if they're able to get a name

• Like 3

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.