? servers

? players online

Bed or dead

• Content Count:  1583

There are certain understanding in JB that are understood and should be allowed. When someone says Freeday, no past first cell, people understand that they should stay on the North side of first cell. If people are on the South side, they should return to the North side, not stay on South side and not cross onto North. We shouldn't be forcing people to specify Freeday on the North side of first cell. In the same way, when someone says to go to somewhere, such as medic, it is understood that they should be inside unless otherwise specified. We shouldn't require people to say go into medic.

JB has plenty of sayings that are commonly understood and should be if there is a common consensus on what it means. Bed or dead means that the Ts should be on their bed or they will be warning shot, and I think this order is fine the way it is.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3294

To put it simply, changing the rule would not make sense imo. Why would someone be able to say "If you even step a toe into big cage, you're KOS" when they can't actually do that? That just doesn't add up at all and I wouldn't be in support of a change unless I was heavily persuaded that way. This isn't me outright rejecting the idea either, I'm not the only manager and can be outvoted, but allowing that would be pretty absurd imo.

I also think there's a pretty good argument to be made with what @Takuto said about it being so vague that it isn't a reasonable order, but again, that's just me. This'll be taken to a discussion between the Jailbreak staff and we'll have an official response for you at a later date. Until then, feel free to continue posting about the original post or in response to me.

There are certain understanding in JB that are understood and should be allowed. When someone says Freeday, no past first cell, people understand that they should stay on the North side of first cell. If people are on the South side, they should return to the North side, not stay on South side and not cross onto North. We shouldn't be forcing people to specify Freeday on the North side of first cell. In the same way, when someone says to go to somewhere, such as medic, it is understood that they should be inside unless otherwise specified. We shouldn't require people to say go into medic.

JB has plenty of sayings that are commonly understood and should be if there is a common consensus on what it means. Bed or dead means that the Ts should be on their bed or they will be warning shot, and I think this order is fine the way it is.

I definitely agree with @Gentoo here. Like he said, Jailbreak has many common and understood sayings. I also want to say what @Dominic and @Takuto said about the fact that removing part of the rule wouldn't make sense, and looking back on it now wouldn't make sense. I think what we should do is grandson this order into the rule, and a LOT of other common informalities on JB.

Note: This is probably a generally thought idea and probably something already discussed, but just thought it would be use-full to throw it into this discussion.

Rule for reference: • CTs aren't allowed to enforce or create their own KOS rules! This means CT's cannot bypass warning shots for situations that call for them, despite saying otherwise.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  29

Just like to put out there that I've been killed without a warning shot by a new CT player after a "Bed or Dead" order. It did not bother me considering the player was new but there was confusion. Might just be a rare case scenario but I do believe it can confuse newer CT players.

Reply to Thread