? servers

? players online

Skateboarding Thread!

• Content Count:  72

I haven't seen much peoples talking about skateboards on /sport/ so i've decided to make a thread about it! Why ? Well i think skateboarding is kinda underated, i just started it and honeslty i was amazed on how fun and challening it is and i was curious if in SG we had some skateboarders so i decided to try to start an interesting thread. Posts your skateboards SG fellas! Talk about it and explain us for how long you've had it, what tricks you've performed and etc.

I'll start with my dad's one! It a really old skateboard, my dad really likes it and we used to skate together until i gave mine, he then later gave it to me. It a really nice skateboard, it feels really great and it pretty smooth on asphalt and i didn't had any trouble with it. Great skateboard overall. 9/10

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19595[/ATTACH]

• Like 3

• Content Count:  639

Growing up, I never had skating experience, other than ice skating or skiing/snowbaording (if that counts lol). At the end of my freshman year, I found a random longboard that someone left in the trash bin. I picked it up and my girlfriend at the time encouraged me to learn how to skate. I then proceeded to go out into the empty campus parking lot at 10 pm every night to get used to the board and to get experience skating. I bought a newer longboard and a pennyboard the following semester, and I use it all the time to skate around campus to my classes.

I gave my OG longboard to a friend who wanted to learn how to skate, so here's pictures of the ones I bought

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19596[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19597[/ATTACH]

*I found the ones I bought on amazon cuz I was too lazy to get em from my car.

• Like 1

Cool! Are you able to imbox me the link from amazon? I really want to buy a penny for me and my friend, i do a lots of trips and i need a faster way to move, also it goes well in a backpack. I would be really glad if you do. Also you really seem to liked them, do you recommend them? You seemed to really enjoy these and they seem to be good quality.

I'm glad someone made a thread about skateboarding, i was wondering if anyone on SG skates lol.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19598[/ATTACH]

Its a numbers board in size 7.8", but ill list my setup

-Jessup griptape

-Independent hollow trucks

-Independent GP-S bearings

-Bones wheels (52 mm)

-Almost gold hardware

It depends on where you're skating. Pennyboards are more-so ment for distance and straight roads. When I skate around campus, I use my longboard more because It's more comfortable to use and steers better than the penny board (imo). Pennyboards are really fun to use, but really finicky as there's not much room for error. The ones I bought are cheaper than ones you'll find at any store, and extremely reliable. I sent you the links, happy shopping :)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  115

Hey hey hey didn't know we had some sk8ters in here.

I skate on a limited edition 7.7" WKND board (from ~2015? I think) with really loosened Independent Stage 11s, Reds (which I have to change cause I took my board out onto the snow >;3), and an old set of soft Spitfires Conicals.

I'm looking for a new 8" Leon Karssen or Palace board to try out the thicker boyz and see if it helps control.

I can only do a really basic kickflip but I used to ride on the street a lot with friends when I still lived in London.

If anyone has any pointers on how to hit a higher ollie pls send me vids.

• Like 1

I don't have any videos but getting higher Ollie's comes over time, as you need to learn to pop and slide your foot up the board better (leg muscles help a lot since after 5 Ollie's I get pretty tired lol)

Update: My longboard got stolen, and I just ate shit on my pennyboard due to me going too fast + branch boi on the road. Here’s a pic of the aftermath. - I broke my $100 Ray bans ripperino

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19611[/ATTACH]

Damn dude, that's sucks for real. I hope you will get better fast and soon :/ and for your longboard, i've heard it happens a lot. It sucks and i hope you will be able to have it back if you are ever able to :/ wish you the best luck dude and heal fast

Reply to Thread