? servers

? players online

Teamspeak™ Redesign

• Content Count:  2693

The Teamspeak™ server is just giant glob of channels and it does not look nice. It's in drastic need of a makeover and I just so happen to be a certified Teamspeak™ Channel Designer.

Here is what my personal Teamspeak™ server looks like:

SPDgzVn.png

As you can see, the addition of dividers makes any Teamspeak™ server look great. This would be very beneficial and it would make the Teamspeak™ server look neat and organized while also giving a clear distinction of what the channels are.

• Like 29

• Content Count:  1583

I find that the headers cause some unnecessary clutter, so organizing channels and subchannels might be a better idea. I do feel that we should rearrange the order of some things as well as removing channels (especially those for games that we do not have a server for). I think that we should have an Event channel that can be renamed accordingly and could be bumped to the top of the server when events are active to promote them. Fixing permissions is a necessity. Any deprecated channels could be replaced with General chat and gaming channels, or they could all just be subbed under a gaming channels.

TL;DR: The Teamspeak channels are slightly disheveled and could be streamlined and better organized.

I find that the headers cause some unnecessary clutter, so organizing channels and subchannels might be a better idea. I do feel that we should rearrange the order of some things as well as removing channels (especially those for games that we do not have a server for). I think that we should have an Event channel that can be renamed accordingly and could be bumped to the top of the server when events are active to promote them. Fixing permissions is a necessity. Any deprecated channels could be replaced with General chat and gaming channels, or they could all just be subbed under a gaming channels.

TL;DR: The Teamspeak channels are slightly disheveled and could be streamlined and better organized.

I do agree with you on some parts. There are many channels that are useless and should be deleted, e.g. Apex Legends, Jackbox Party Games. The event channel idea is great and it would be beneficial for events. I disagree with you on the headers part. Headers help define where channels belong and what they are.

Piggybacking off of this reply, I am willing to completely redesign and overhaul all of the channels on my own if you guys would allow me to do so. Here is my certificate:

epgJBKF.jpg

• Like 16

I figured a proper presentation with my own adaption would be better for viewing pleasures and information so I took the liberty of creating what I think the Steam-Gamers Teamspeak™ should look like in my own Teamspeak™ server.

4qSjzlg.png

dIMPyEO.png

As you can see, this current set up that I envisioned is much more neat and organized compared to what it is currently. Currently, the VIP Lounge and Subscriber suite are sub channels of the Server Administrator channel. It's just a straight mess and it needs to be organized. As I stated in a reply above, I would love to do this for you guys if you were to allow me to. A Teamspeak™ setup like the one I created is much more welcoming than the current mess. Please consider it.

• Like 19

• Content Count:  2206

Headers definitely bring a more professional neat look to it. Well done Johnathan snazzy certificate I might add

EDIT: The more I think about this the more I like the idea of slimming it down. In most cases people aren't going to join a game channel because they are playing that particular game (debatable) I think it would be a good idea to get rid of the specific game channels and just cut down to the servers we have this way I see it encouraging more people to join a teamspeak channel simply because people are in that channel. Right now maybe 4 channels are actually used by players to play games and then custom channels are made. Maybe cutting down to having the lounge idea like John shows above and then a channel for surf, ttt, etc would be a more friendly approach. Sorry if this doesn't explain the concept well enough

• Like 2
Edited by Fuze

• Content Count:  1194

Wouldn't hurt to try this out tbh, I like the idea of redesigning Teamspeak and making it cleaner and more accessible for others.

• Like 1

I just want to clarify that I could start and finish this within 30 to 45 minutes with no downtime and no disruptions. If it is a trust issue, you could simply give me power to add, delete, edit, and move channels. I understand that I am asking for a lot but I really can finish it quickly. I really am interested in helping out this community in any way possible.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread