? servers

? players online

Introducing Gangs!

• Content Count:  5674

Just so you're all aware, bugs are being worked on by @Nishok and he's already fixed a few of the issues that have come up. He's working extremely hard, but please bare with us if things take a little while. Now onto your questions:

1. Can we expect a similar plugin for CT in the future?

2. Can the top 3 gangs have their gang tag/name in a cool color?

Yes, you can expect something similar for CTs but it most likely won't revolve around kills at all. The top three gangs having a cool color is a nice idea, but might be hard to maintain. We may try out a contest of sorts to award gangs that do well, but that will be down the road.

Will a death on CT cause you to lose points? If so, I feel that this should be disabled to prevent people from being deterred from CT as you would only be able to lose points.

It shouldn't, if anyone does know of this happening, obviously tell us.

Great plugin. Two questions:

1) What would occur if you would !gleave as an owner (instead of disbanding of course)?

2) Will there be somewhat like a !gtop command showing a list of the top gangs, similar to that of the pop-up list that appears when you type top or top10 in chat?

I'm not sure what would happen if you were to leave as an owner, but I think the most practical thing to happen would be for it to give owner to another gang member at random. We'll look into this one. And yes, there will be a command like you mentioned in your second question.

Yet another question

If my gang has 10 people in it and has a total of 3000 points, if a member leaves, will his points also be taken with him?

They should be taken, yes.

Do we get a award or prize thing for being the #1 gang :monkey:

Like mentioned earlier, could be something we do down the road.

Any chance we can have an option to rename our gang?

EDIT: Another suggestion is to allow us to view the stats of other gangs when we press the gang name in Top Gangs.

An option to rename your gang is a good idea, we'll look into that. In response to your edit, that was within our initial plans, just didn't have it upon release.

Thank you guys for the feedback and please post anything else you want to regarding Gangs.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  3178

Great plugin. Two questions:

1) What would occur if you would !gleave as an owner (instead of disbanding of course)?

2) Will there be somewhat like a !gtop command showing a list of the top gangs, similar to that of the pop-up list that appears when you type top or top10 in chat?

I'm not sure what would happen if you were to leave as an owner, but I think the most practical thing to happen would be for it to give owner to another gang member at random. We'll look into this one. And yes, there will be a command like you mentioned in your second question.

Currently owners can't leave a gang, only disband a gang when it's empty.

I'll look into the ability of assigning someone else as owner, so you can leave the gang without having to disband it.

Yet another question

If my gang has 10 people in it and has a total of 3000 points, if a member leaves, will his points also be taken with him?

They should be taken, yes.

Actually as of now it does not (this detail was never shared with me :p). I do have player's individual stats logged, so this can still be done.

I'll discuss with Dominic to see if gangs should lose/gain points when a member leaves/joins.

Any chance we can have an option to rename our gang?

EDIT: Another suggestion is to allow us to view the stats of other gangs when we press the gang name in Top Gangs.

An option to rename your gang is a good idea, we'll look into that. In response to your edit, that was within our initial plans, just didn't have it upon release.

Renaming gangs will be added, yes. It was just not really a priority for it to be there in the released version.

Stats for individual gangs will also be added, but I'll first need to look into how I'll handle this, as to keep the calls to the database as low as possible.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

• Like 5

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.