? servers

? players online

Redefining which vents are KOS on Jailbreak

• Content Count:  3294

I do not think I have played on this map that much or even know this location but my question is, does this vent that leads to another cell make it easier for T's to possibly get to another location outside of cells quicker? Like a location that has a weapon hidden in it, or maybe a secret to armory ect...?

Just to clear up the confusion fonzi bear, they're bookshelves that lead into another cell. No vent texture or nothing but still a secret

• Content Count:  5375

@Dominic any update on this? Earlier in the thread you said you would post a response to this with your thoughts :)

I may be reaching here, but, I think dominic has been a bit busy in real life over the last couple of weeks. I'm sure that he'll get around to speaking with his fellow server managers as time allows. Hang tight and we'll get a response. :)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  367

I have mixed feelings about this. But I feel that all vents should be KOS because it gives the player an advantage that others may also go through. Some maps have cell(s) that have vents in the cell to either go to the other side of a wall that contains a weapon in that area. This leads to an advantage for the T that went through the vent to rebel while other Ts follow orders. Same with teleporters, some teleport the T or even CT to an area that may/may not give an advantage to the player using the teleporter. It really just depends on how the map is designed. For example: vipinthemix, It has a bunch of secrets that teleport the player to armory. The one I will be focusing on is the vent in 3rd bottom cell. When you bust it in, it shows a teleporter, when entered it teleports the player to armory and gives them an advantage (kinda obvious because armory is KOS but you get the idea). I'am really bad in this area of SG JB so don't judge pls..

• Like 1

• Content Count:  701

ba_mlcastle_se: vent between cells

This doesn't make sense because it offers no advantages other than letting you hop between cells before cell doors are open. It doesn't lead to any KOS area, and it doesn't make a CT's job harder to keep track of Ts. However, because it's technically a secret, some CTs have been killing Ts for using this.

I feel as if this "secret" shouldn't be kos able because it isn't a vent nor does it lead anywhere kosable. It is a wall that you can break to go into the cell next to it. in my opinion this isn't even a "secret" as you are just breaking the wall.

• Like 1

I feel as if this "secret" shouldn't be kos able because it isn't a vent nor does it lead anywhere kosable. It is a wall that you can break to go into the cell next to it. in my opinion this isn't even a "secret" as you are just breaking the wall.

It is a vent/secret and should KOS'able. However, since it's almost impossible for a CT to enforce/watch no one KOS' it and it doesn't get brought up.

Sorry, my point wasn't to revive a discussion that seemed pretty much done with - just wanted some finality from a CA+.

@TheZZL if it doesn't get brought up I would not have brought it up myself, pls bro

What? It doesn't get brought up at all, this was the first place, I think, that the discussion of Castle's in cell bookshelves was brought up This discussion never got a final answer, so I was throwing in my opinion.

• Content Count:  5375

Pretty sure that's covered under secrets which were definitely discussed in this thread. As fantasitc said the discussion is just awaiting a response from the management team. If a CA could please lock this thread until then it would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread