? servers

? players online

Enforcing the back wall of Isolation

• Content Count:  3294

So since the dawn of my time here at SG, "crouch walk no jumping to the back wall of iso" has been an everlasting toxic order that CT's (myself included) enjoy giving. The main issue with the order is the ignorance of the CT's. When they try to "enforce" the backwall of isolation they do one of two things. 1. They either spray through Iso doing two things, A giving multiple warning shots when only one is needed, or B, hitting people that are on the backwall (THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME). Or #2, they might tap the back wall, but they still end up HITTING PEOPLE ON THE BACKWALL. This leads to a whole mess of T's complaining and CT's not owning up to their mistakes etc. I think that in reality, if an inmate is sent to isolation they are not forced to stand on the back wall etc. (I see how this logic is flawed based off the fact this is CS:GO and we have giant soccerballls and last requests including harming guards but you get the point). I think all the orders that force us to be on a location in isolation should be removed, simply making it "Crouch walk no jumping to isolation" (Or whatever sending variation they CT's want to give)

Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  2342

So since the dawn of my time here at SG, "crouch walk no jumping to the back wall of iso" has been an everlasting toxic order that CT's (myself included) enjoy giving. The main issue with the order is the ignorance of the CT's. When they try to "enforce" the backwall of isolation they do one of two things. 1. They either spray through Iso doing two things, A giving multiple warning shots when only one is needed, or B, hitting people that are on the backwall (THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME). Or #2, they might tap the back wall, but they still end up HITTING PEOPLE ON THE BACKWALL. This leads to a whole mess of T's complaining and CT's not owning up to their mistakes etc. I think that in reality, if an inmate is sent to isolation they are not forced to stand on the back wall etc. (I see how this logic is flawed based off the fact this is CS:GO and we have giant soccerballls and last requests including harming guards but you get the point). I think all the orders that force us to be on a location in isolation should be removed, simply making it "Crouch walk no jumping to isolation" (Or whatever sending variation they CT's want to give)

Think about another order that's similar and is valid, for example: "when cell doors open, go to the back of your cell, freeze, and face the back of your cell". There's clearly nothing wrong with this order, and similarly I would think the order of "go to iso and freeze on back wall" is valid as well.

The issue arises when CTs try to enforce the iso order, which leads to two situations as you said:

1. Because all CTs assume Ts should be on back wall of iso, they begin spraying isolation while attempting to avoid anywhere that isn't the back wall. This is not allowed. This is called "fish in a barrel" which is a deathgame that I've heard other servers have. Why is this not allowed? Because Ts that are for whatever reason not on back wall of iso but are still in iso are not kos. Why? Because it's not a blatant rebel. Thus, it's against the rules to spray into isolation when the order is to be on back wall frozen.

2. But what about warning shots? Well, if you begin tapping into isolation you know you've hit a T when you get the notification "-38 HP" or whatever HP they lost. But how do you know if you've hit the same T multiple times, or different Ts? This inability to judge whether or not you've issued multiple warning shots leads me to believe that tapping into iso when the order is to be on back wall is also not allowed, as it leads to the potential of multiple warning shots on the same person.

So to sum the above up, the order of being on the back wall of isolation is perfectly fine, but if you decide to begin enforcing it and giving warning shots to Ts you can't see through the wall that's a big no no from me. If you want to stare in through the door at an angle and give a warning shot to Ts who aren't on back wall that you have clear vision of, that's fine.

• Like 1
Edited by fantastic

• Content Count:  3294

but if you decide to begin enforcing it and giving warning shots to Ts you can't see through the wall that's a big no no from me.

The reason I made this thread is because this is how everyone enforces isolation. If you try enforcing through the window you get 1 tapped by 1 t inside a stack of 10. In my opinion, since everyone is incorrectly enforcing (the only "way" where you don't die) the whole order should be abolished. I have never once seen someone get told off for tapping into isolation and A LOT of the times spraying through. Completely getting rid of the rule saves you guys (The admins) A LOT of hassle when it comes to these very often situations. @fantastic

Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  11723

Parliament is now in session;

Mr.Speaker, If would like to address the Salt in the room.

On the 15th of April of 2019, A request was made for changes to the order "Go to iso and get on the back wall"

I would like to address the house about why no changes should be made.

The main issue with this order the OP has addressed to the house is that

1. T's get more than one warning shot

2. T's still getting hit on the back wall of Iso.

I would like to address the house on both points.

The order in this case is to be on the backwall of Isolation, this is correct no?

So If the CT's play fish in the barrel by shooting the wall and someone is hit, they have a chance to get on the wall.

However if they are to die, this should be their fault and not that of the CT's.

The order states, be on the wall. If you are not on the wall you are disobeying the orders, Simple as that.

The T's have plenty of time to be on the wall.

Onto the 2nd point, If T's are getting hit when on the backwall, The CT(s) that did deal the damage will be dealt with by Steam Hyphen Gamers Server administrators.

I would like to use another example,

If I was to tell the T's to go on the back wall of VIP cell and a T was hidden in the corner, We could fire once and if we hit them they should know enough to move to the wall.

However, As the orders were to be on the VIP wall, we can assume no one is there. The only person at fault is the T.

So Mr.Speaker of the house and to the house, I believe no change should be made to the rule.

Warning shots are used to correct T's to follow orders like go to big cage, no jumping. Makes sense, its a pretty easy order.

However with be on a wall or bed etc, You have ample amount of time to follow the orders.

I would also like to use this time to address @fantastic

It is not a deathgame, as the orders are "Be on the wall"

Now it would be a deathgame if CT's were shooting the whole cell of iso and once 3-5 T's are dead, the game ends or whatever they set the rules as.

They are given Clear orders to be on the wall, it is their fault for not being on the wall.

I now yelled back to the Speaker of the house, thank you.

*I'm bored at work and wanted to shitpost and to add input to this thread.

• Content Count:  5674

The order is completely valid and there is nothing wrong with shooting into isolation to enforce that order. If the CT shoots someone who is actually obeying the order, they'll get slayed. If the CT instantly kills a T who isn't on the back wall but is instead a step or two in front of it, they should also be slayed because that is not blatantly disobeying at all and a warning shot needs to be given.

My advice would be to just not shoot blindly in any case, but that's just my advice and is not a rule whatsoever. The CTs are allowed to do what they're doing, but they'll face the consequences if they end up doing something wrong.

EDIT: To clarify, when I say someone should/would get slayed, I mean they're doing something wrong. What they're doing is retarded but obviously as an admin you don't always have to resort to a slay.

• Like 5
Edited by Dominic

• Content Count:  2206

In my opinion there is only one reason you are in isolation and not on the back wall when that order is given. You have a gun and your scouting who you can pop a shot off at. Isolation in most maps (im assuming we are talking primarily about electric) are small to the point where you really can't do anything if you don't have a gun and it's not even feasible to attempt just running out. All you can do once you are in there is sit on the back wall and wait to be told to do something else. If you get upset that you got killed cause you were on low health or got sprayed down it really is your own fault. If you had no gun or anything to rebel with you are literally just trying to complain about something at that point. That's my honest opinion on this.

With that said, I am still open to making a change if we need to.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2206

The order is completely valid and there is nothing wrong with shooting into isolation to enforce that order. If the CT shoots someone who is actually obeying the order, they'll get slayed. If the CT instantly kills a T who isn't on the back wall but is instead a step or two in front of it, they should also be slayed because that is not blatantly disobeying at all and a warning shot needs to be given.

My advice would be to just not shoot blindly in any case, but that's just my advice and is not a rule whatsoever. The CTs are allowed to do what they're doing, but they'll face the consequences if they end up doing something wrong.

EDIT: To clarify, when I say someone should/would get slayed, I mean they're doing something wrong. What they're doing is retarded but obviously as an admin you don't always have to resort to a slay.

^ Understandable

• Like 2

Reply to Thread