? players online

should this be allowed  

9223372036854775808 members have voted

1. 1. should this be allowed

• yes
    • no

Closing Cell Doors

• Content Count:  5674

So we're going to add a rule in because there is a lot of potential for a situation like this to become an even bigger problem. This may or may not apply to the situation that happened, I have no idea, but it brought up a much larger flaw within our rule set that we want to amend here and now. Here is the rule we're adding in:

- CTs cannot obstruct a T's ability to follow the orders. Subject to admin discretion.

I'm going to take this situation specifically to explain how this rule can apply. So on summer, if a CT immediately rushes to the cell button and begins to spam the "Close" button while the order given requires the Ts to take a step out of their cells, that CT would absolutely be obstructing their ability to follow that order. That's unreasonable and stupid and there's obviously no justifiable reason to do that. However, this doesn't mean you can hide inside your cell for 1 minute and then come out and complain once you see your cell door is closed. That is completely on you and counts as delaying.

This is obviously not really a cut and dry type thing, hence the "subject to admin discretion" part. Admins - just be reasonable when you're handling people like this. It's probably quite easy to see what someone's intentions are when they're continuously closing cells, so just act accordingly. @Caution is completely right in saying there is a completely legitimate reason to close cells after the Ts are out. It is an actual strategy and we don't want to disallow it, we just want to flesh out those people that are actually trolling.

I hope this fixes the problem you've addressed in this thread. This will be put in a JB Changelog that will follow this as well as added into the official rule thread. If anyone wants to give feedback on this change, please feel free to do so.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread