? players online

should this be allowed  

9223372036854775808 members have voted

1. 1. should this be allowed

• yes
    • no

Closing Cell Doors

• Content Count:  123

I have started playing ct occasionally and have seen some people keep the doors closed by shooting the close button over and over. this has become a problem because i have seen cts warning shoot a t because of this. I do have a video of this but it says its invalid.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  11723

I'm confused,

From what I am understanding here what you are saying is CT is opening and closing the cell doors by shooting the button, A T gets out in time to open the cells for his T Friends.

He then gets hit or killed for doing that?

I close cell doors once all T's are out because I do not want T's to take hidden teleports etc in cells.

But yeah leave it up to the big guys on top, I'm curious

• Content Count:  11501

I do it because it's a tactic to ensure people aren't hiding in cells / utilizing secrets by running in other cells. I wait a reasonable amount of time for them to respond to orders and leave. It's not against any rule, and you screaming and calling me a faggot / telling me to die doesn't help anything (which probably, conveniently, isn't included in your demo). Closing cell doors is something I have always done in the 12 years that I have played the server because it stops players from utilizing secrets. I don't shoot T's though.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2342

I'm confused,

From what I am understanding here what you are saying is CT is opening and closing the cell doors by shooting the button, A T gets out in time to open the cells for his T Friends.

He then gets hit or killed for doing that?

No, the situation is when orders are something like "one step out, face the back, crouch and freeze". Doors are left open for long enough that all Ts should be able to come out and do the order, but then are closed to prevent Ts from rebelling through vents or something, esp. on first cell in summer jail. Ts that have delayed/were AFK are warning shot, but are unable to follow orders because the doors are still closed. However, in today's instance they were spammed open/closed by CTs so there was more than enough time to get out and follow orders even after delaying/being afk.

• Content Count:  11501

In addition, you came extremely close to being banned (if you recall, you were only warned / kicked / warned again) - to which you essentially said 'oh well' if you get banned. I'm not quite sure who you think you are that you can talk to anyone the way you did, but you are extremely mistaken.

• Content Count:  2206

Closing the cell doors is completely within a CT's right to do. Many maps have secrets that lead directly to armory/guns in the cells and all you have to do is wait for the right time to use it. The issue is when someone explains why they are closing them and another CT goes "no leave the cells open cause leave the cells open" I'd in most cases be more willing to side with the person who wants to keep them closed with good logic over the guy who wants them open the sake of that's what they are used to doing.

Also if you get caught in your cell you get caught in your cell. Doors tend to stay open as long as they need for everyone to get out. Back before maps had all the secrets they do now cell doors were almost always closed and if you didn't get out in time you were most likely taking a bullet to the face unless someone was nice.

TLDR; Its not a problem.

Edited by Fuze

Reply to Thread