? servers

? players online

Block +left +right

• Content Count:  2206

+left and +right have been bindable since 1.6. it offers no advantage to gameplay that any body else can't use it's just a smoother strafe. Some people get used to it from surf/bhop when you need to make a long turn smoothly. As far as making or using a plugin to block these for "not tricking admins" like creten says I've never seen someone mistake a +left or right for scripting/cheats. In my opinion this would be a waste of resources on the dedi for an insignificant or small benefit to just the admins.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2342

+left and +right do not trick admins. The only bind that has been considered "Misleading Admins m_yaw, +left and +right can be used to turn and W strafe longer. I have never seen an admin think someone is hacking with these two binds.

People use these binds very often, I don't see a reason to block this.

I stand corrected... then block those commands on TTT/JB/scrim? I'm confused why there's any defense for this. I still don't see any legitimate reason behind allowing it when it's only for building up speed, of which can't be done on those servers.

TY for clarifying as well @Kyle, again IDK what was done to trick admins but AFAIK turn binds were used in conjunction with something else.

• Content Count:  697

I stand corrected... then block those commands on TTT/JB/scrim? I'm confused why there's any defense for this. I still don't see any legitimate reason behind allowing it when it's only for building up speed, of which can't be done on those servers.

TY for clarifying as well @Kyle, again IDK what was done to trick admins but AFAIK turn binds were used in conjunction with something else.

There isn't a reason to block them though, they don't allow for afk farming.

• Content Count:  2342

There isn't a reason to block them though, they don't allow for afk farming.

The only reason would be to prevent players from attempting to trick admins by creating some combination of turn binds + whatever commands were listed above by Creten + Kyle. If this isn't a big enough issue then fair enough, I have no idea of what amount of resources it'd used on the dedi as Fuze mentioned.

EDIT: After talking to Kyle on what he did to get banned it's pretty clear turn binds weren't a big factor in tricking admins. This thread can be closed :d thanks for everyone's input

Edited by fantastic

• Content Count:  2206

The staff reviewed this and ultimately came to the decision that there isn't a need for this at this moment. If it becomes a problem in the future we may revisit it. Thank you for the suggestion!

• Like 1

Reply to Thread