? servers

? players online

Block +left +right

• Content Count:  2342

A lot of people use these for turn binds, anti-afk binds, + other things to confuse admins. I don't see any legitimate reason to allow it on the servers.

Looks like it's been done before as well: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=132310&page=2. Not sure if it's compatible with our current setup since it's a couple of years old.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1952

Maybe on bhop and mg it could be disabled but for surf it's pretty much nullbind for strafing and or lj bind for long jump of surf, too essential for surf to be removed but if taken from mg and bhop, it's much more reasonable due to the lack of skill with turnbinds. I do use it myself from time to time but I dislike it and as do many others frowning down at this. Never heard of an anti afk bind tho, if it's what Izz used where you crouch automatically then I'm pretty sure you still get moved to spectators. Remember that most of this is just aesthetical movement and more of a "oh look I can do this and it looks cool" sort of thing.

• Content Count:  1381

I disagree with this. I use +left and +left only for lots of reasons, prespeed on mg and our other movement servers, bhopping and surfing, or just straight up moving around the map. Maybe some edit of the autoafk plugin where it won't register +left and +right movements to stop you from being afk. Shouldn't be that hard right? All I see the plugin doing is check if you are moving using wasd spacebar, and moving your mouse. I don't know anything about coding really but isn't there a way to see what kind of bind (+moveleft, +moveright, +use, +reload) you are pressing and only take account for some of those like moveleft moveright forward backward jump and moving your mouse. Might not make sense to read this but it makes sense to me. I don't use them 24/7 on the server but lots of people use turn binds on mg surf and bhop, and those gamemodes aren't really the ones that need turnbinds removed. Some KZ servers have removed turnbinds, but we are only mg bhop and surf.

• Like 1
Edited by nesquik

I disagree with this. I use +left and +left only for lots of reasons, prespeed on mg and our other movement servers, bhopping and surfing, or just straight up moving around the map. Maybe some edit of the autoafk plugin where it won't register +left and +right movements to stop you from being afk. Shouldn't be that hard right? All I see the plugin doing is check if you are moving using wasd spacebar, and moving your mouse. I don't know anything about coding really but isn't there a way to see what kind of bind (+moveleft, +moveright, +use, +reload) you are pressing and only take account for some of those like moveleft moveright forward backward jump and moving your mouse. Might not make sense to read this but it makes sense to me. I don't use them 24/7 on the server but lots of people use turn binds on mg surf and bhop, and those gamemodes aren't really the ones that need turnbinds removed. Some KZ servers have removed turnbinds, but we are only mg bhop and surf.

I'm a little confused by this - feel free to explain more because I haven't done anything like this so I'm not sure what prespeed/whatever other movement binds do.

Shouldn't movement be vanilla like the rest of the gamemode? If use of +left increases speed through strafing (my assumption), why is that allowed? Hyperscrolling/scripting by binding commands/keys together is against the rules because it provides movement advantages that aren't intended by the game. Furthermore, one has to go out of their way to bind +left to a key... it doesn't seem that it's intended for these binds to be used vs. other players who don't have it binded.

Regardless, if it really is that important on mg/surf/bhop for reasons of building up speed, perhaps this can be limited to servers like TTT/JB/scrim where there absolutely is no reason why it should be allowed.

• Content Count:  1583

I see where your coming from, but a lot of people actually use turn binds and it's very helpful. I myself use turnbinds and it makes the game a lot smoother for me and since I have like no mousepad space, it's very helpful. I could see you wanting to block spinbot binds and anti-afk binds, but not +left or +left. I would actually be very happy if we had the spinbot and anti-afk binds removed because it could pretty much make the admins jobs a bit less stressful.

??? Anti-afk binds use +left and +right turn binds, and spinbots have nothing to do with binds at all. Afk farming is already against the rules and you can make it so that turn binds don't reset the afk timer if that really was an issue.

• Like 2

Shouldn't movement be vanilla like the rest of the gamemode? If use of +left increases speed through strafing (my assumption), why is that allowed? Hyperscrolling/scripting by binding commands/keys together is against the rules because it provides movement advantages that aren't intended by the game.

There's a difference between actual bhop/strafe hacks (hyperscroll, ahk, macros, optimizers, silent strafes even) and turnbinds.

Turnbinds, anyone can do from within CSGO. Simply put "bind tab +left" into console and you've got yourself a turnbind. Anyone can do it without going out of their way and many people even try to mimic turn binds by upping their m_yaw from the default .022. m_yaw btw just restricts your up and down movement and loosens your left and right movement. All of this can be done in game by anyone at any time. It's implemented into the game and it's something many players utilize to actually play the game, and sadly also abuse it to afk for points.

Bhop hacks are something you must go out of your way to get. Hyperscrolling involves purchasing a mouse that has the ability to unlock your scrollwheel and hit more scrolls allowing the server to time your jumps more precisely to when you land to improve bhopping. ahk's are scripts that allow you to hit high scrolls by toggling your autohotkey and then holding spacebar. Unfair advantage that you have to go out of your way to install/acquire. Macros, hold down the button and you jump basically. Unfair advantage that you have to go out of your way by installing/acquiring something that isn't in CSGO. Optimizers sync your strafes better and help you bunnyhop. Unfair advantage that you have to install/acquire. Silent strafes make you pick up speed without moving your mouse. Unfair advantage that you have to install/acquire.

TL;DR Turnbinds are in csgo and other things that are classified as bunnyhop hacks are not. Anyone can get turnbinds by opening console, but you have to install something third-party to get other bhop hacks. Admins can just kick them, players can report them with our player complaints, and if admins see them doing it excessively like I think someone posted that they were complaining that they would afk on ze when they went to school, then kick them again/ban them.

• Like 1

There's a difference between actual bhop/strafe hacks (hyperscroll, ahk, macros, optimizers, silent strafes even) and turnbinds.

Turnbinds, anyone can do from within CSGO. Simply put "bind tab +left" into console and you've got yourself a turnbind. Anyone can do it without going out of their way and many people even try to mimic turn binds by upping their m_yaw from the default .022. m_yaw btw just restricts your up and down movement and loosens your left and right movement. All of this can be done in game by anyone at any time. It's implemented into the game and it's something many players utilize to actually play the game, and sadly also abuse it to afk for points.

Bhop hacks are something you must go out of your way to get. Hyperscrolling involves purchasing a mouse that has the ability to unlock your scrollwheel and hit more scrolls allowing the server to time your jumps more precisely to when you land to improve bhopping. ahk's are scripts that allow you to hit high scrolls by toggling your autohotkey and then holding spacebar. Unfair advantage that you have to go out of your way to install/acquire. Macros, hold down the button and you jump basically. Unfair advantage that you have to go out of your way by installing/acquiring something that isn't in CSGO. Optimizers sync your strafes better and help you bunnyhop. Unfair advantage that you have to install/acquire. Silent strafes make you pick up speed without moving your mouse. Unfair advantage that you have to install/acquire.

TL;DR Turnbinds are in csgo and other things that are classified as bunnyhop hacks are not. Anyone can get turnbinds by opening console, but you have to install something third-party to get other bhop hacks. Admins can just kick them, players can report them with our player complaints, and if admins see them doing it excessively like I think someone posted that they were complaining that they would afk on ze when they went to school, then kick them again/ban them.

I understand the difference, but to me because I don't have any experience with using those binds in bhop/surf I don't see any value in allowing them. Any reason why use of it greatly impacts the player experience vs. just going without and strafing normally?

I understand the difference, but to me because I don't have any experience with using those binds in bhop/surf I don't see any value in allowing them. Any reason why use of it greatly impacts the player experience vs. just going without and strafing normally?

I use and see people use turnbinds every round on mg. Not exaggerating this. Not even on mg, I use turnbinds atleast once to do something on any csgo round. I can name many situations where I use turnbinds and see other people use turnbinds. Your hand is just too lazy? Hold tab and you gain speed. Need to bhop backstab someone for some reason? Hold tab and w to orbit around the guy and knife him. On a course map and prespeeding for a skip? Hold tab. I can't tell you how lots of people use this mechanic, mostly on mg bhop and surf, and how disappointed that some of the turnbinders would be if it was disabled. I understand for ZE, JB, TTT, but for mg scrim (because who is gonna afk on scrim) bhop and surf I'd keep it. Since sv_airaccelerate is 1000 on afaik JB MG Surf and Bhop. It depends on the servers settings on how useful turnbinds are, and also stupid ass commands like +strafe where you move your mouse in a circle and you strafe in a circle without moving your mouse or characters pov.

I can understand where you are from since you play JB TTT and Scrim which don't have any form of bhop, but these commands are useful. I've used them on all our servers. But it's hard to explain how important/useful turnbinds are to some players.

I use and see people use turnbinds every round on mg. Not exaggerating this. Not even on mg, I use turnbinds atleast once to do something on any csgo round. I can name many situations where I use turnbinds and see other people use turnbinds. Your hand is just too lazy? Hold tab and you gain speed. Need to bhop backstab someone for some reason? Hold tab and w to orbit around the guy and knife him. On a course map and prespeeding for a skip? Hold tab. I can't tell you how lots of people use this mechanic, mostly on mg bhop and surf, and how disappointed that some of the turnbinders would be if it was disabled. I understand for ZE, JB, TTT, but for mg scrim (because who is gonna afk on scrim) bhop and surf I'd keep it. Since sv_airaccelerate is 1000 on afaik JB MG Surf and Bhop. It depends on the servers settings on how useful turnbinds are, and also stupid ass commands like +strafe where you move your mouse in a circle and you strafe in a circle without moving your mouse or characters pov.

I can understand where you are from since you play JB TTT and Scrim which don't have any form of bhop, but these commands are useful. I've used them on all our servers. But it's hard to explain how important/useful turnbinds are to some players.

Fair enough, sounds like it makes sense. I guess my only criticism that's nagging me is that it doesn't seem "vanilla", but if it's really that useful and other people agree then meh. My idea just seemed like an easy way to tackle people abusing turn binds to look like they're hacking + using AFK scripts, but yeah.

Reply to Thread