? servers

? players online

CT Rule Suggestion

• Content Count:  5

This isn't some complaint post or rant, I just want to suggest that CTS should not be allowed to do T secrets unless pursuing with suspicion (they see a T go through a teleport secret or similar), my reasoning for this is due to the fact that CTS have been camping T secrets all over maps, any secret I try and go to there's probably a CT in there waiting for a T to go through and shoot us instantly, In conclusion, T secrets are for Ts, it even says in the pop up screen when you join the server that "maps have secrets for the T's to get weapons and get an advantage against the CT's so they can overtake the prison" or something along those lines, either way, I believe CT's should not do T secrets unless pursuing a T because it completely undermines the point of T secrets. Remember, this is a suggestion, so please don't comment, "Oh If YoU DoN't LiKe It ThEn dOn't PlAy On ThE sErVeR", because believe it or not I can live with myself if this rule is not accepted.

also please get the updated jb_vipinthemix I really wanna do billboard secret

UPDATE: LR Room secret on jb_vipinthemix was removed because of, Darnias, the map fixer, said it was just a spot for cts to camp, another reason why cts should not be able to do secrets because it undermines the point of them and ruins them for the ts

Edited by walter.

• Content Count:  697

T's already have a huge advantage in JB winning most of the rounds adding this rule would make it almost impossible to play CT all the T's would go in secrets being spread out and the CT's wouldn't have any semblance of control. They would be unable to stop any T's from going in secrets giving them a huge advantage as nobody would be there to stop them. This seems like it would do more bad than good in my opinion.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2206

I can see where that can be irritating on an individual level as I myself know I have to refrain from going through certain secrets as most of the times CTs are camping them, however like Loki said, if they didn't, rounds would be over within the first 2-3 minutes. CT's in our server already are at a disadvantage and implementing this rule would do more harm than good for the CTs as prisoners already have a fairly easy time getting guns as it is even with the CT's camping the secrets that tend to be used more often.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1583

Ts usually have first access to secrets, especially in cells and you should learn how to use them to your advantage. Chances are, if you've played CT on Razor, you've been one deaged for sticking your nose in pool bent, or backstabbed for tping with pool first cell secret. As others have said, our server has more than enough restrictions on CTs to keep it To sided, thus I don't feel we should implement this rule.

• Content Count:  29

The JB game mode is already so T sided. The fact that a CT can access a secret isn't only so that a CT can hunt down a specific T, secrets are used for extra dexterity when moving around the map. In addition, taking a secret as a T is and should be a calculated risk that you take, you shouldn't be able to hop in a secret knowing you're gonna be 100% safe. CT's jobs would be harder than it already is, would make the game very unbalanced. Although I do agree the worst feeling is taking a secret and seeing a CT camping there with a 6 pack of coronas ready to mow you down.

• Content Count:  5

that's why I added that cts should be allowed to pursue a secret if suspicion of them seeing a t go through it, but they shouldn't be allowed to camp secrets, especially ones that are popular they know will have lots of ts coming to it

• Content Count:  2342

that's why I added that cts should be allowed to pursue a secret if suspicion of them seeing a t go through it, but they shouldn't be allowed to camp secrets, especially ones that are popular they know will have lots of ts coming to it

A good CT team ensures there are no opportunities to rebel on round start. Opportunities arise once CTs and Ts alike have died, and you know that CTs aren't camping certain secrets so you can use them. Further handicapping a CTs ability to enforce orders isn't needed in the current server's state. A good rebeller either a) rebels before CTs can get to secrets on round start, or b) take advantage of their fellow Ts dying as distractions to go and rebel. There has been little to no issue with CTs camping secrets (unless you're last CT and are delaying) because it just isn't an issue due to the nature of rebelling.

but they shouldn't be allowed to camp secrets, especially ones that are popular they know will have lots of ts coming to it

This especially doesn't make sense to me. If a CT knows multiple Ts are going to use a secret (for example, camping under big cage when orders are for Ts to go to big cage on Razor), that's perfectly acceptable - in fact, encouraged as it's a CTs job to ensure orders are followed and no one is rebelling. It's no way too OP for CTs to camp secrets that Ts are obviously going to use. As a rebeller you're supposed to be rebelling and using secrets that CTs don't expect.

Edited by fantastic

• Content Count:  5108

[video=youtube;-2Sq1vKOOD0]

CT's in our server already are at a disadvantage and implementing this rule would do more harm than good for the CTs as prisoners already have a fairly easy time getting guns as it is even with the CT's camping the secrets that tend to be used more often.

This sentence entirely sums up my thoughts on the matter at hand. I've personally never been a fan of restricting CTs like they have been over the years, but I've come to understand that sometimes it can be necessary. However, it is incredibly unreasonable to disallow players on an entire team from using a map intended feature on the basis of the actions of a few.

For obvious reasons, this is going to be rejected. Thanks for the suggestion, nonetheless.

• Like 7

Reply to Thread