? servers

? players online

!restorehealth for TTT

• Content Count:  2342

!fkrespawn is a fantastic tool for respawning victims of mass-FK on JB. Someone on TTT just asked if people who were freedamaged could get their health back after the freedamager was kicked, and I thought that was a great suggestion that would be similar to !fkrespawn.

!fkrespawn can't be used on TTT because players' bodies can be ID'd after death, and respawning them would be pointless as their role would already be known. But a command like "!restorehealth " which restores everyone's health that was taken away by the freedamager seems to be useful. Players' damage is already logged by sm_logs anyway, so it seems viable.

Thoughts?

Edited by fantastic

• Content Count:  11723

I don't think it is currently needed at all.

The rounds are very quick and short and sometimes shit just happens during rounds.

How would you know what is legit damage and non-legit?

We could say I'm a T and while an Inno is shooting at people I use a nade to damage people?

Would this only heal damage that a inno did to innos?

From what I recall in PB, when a freenade or a spray down damage a lot of people, Players always ask admin and complain if they dont get that HP back.

*I have not played PB in years so forgive me if they dont do this anymore.

I feel we would run into people always asking for this way to often and could even abuse it by lying as a T.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1952

I always thought this was a good idea for admins since AT+ can only restore health I believe. Not sure if CA can do it but if this was implemented it would be much easier for admins to reduce freedamage and maybe even freekilling.

• Content Count:  2342

I don't think it is currently needed at all.

The rounds are very quick and short and sometimes shit just happens during rounds.

How would you know what is legit damage and non-legit?

We could say I'm a T and while an Inno is shooting at people I use a nade to damage people?

Would this only heal damage that a inno did to innos?

From what I recall in PB, when a freenade or a spray down damage a lot of people, Players always ask admin and complain if they dont get that HP back.

*I have not played PB in years so forgive me if they dont do this anymore.

I feel we would run into people always asking for this way to often and could even abuse it by lying as a T.

The idea is that this would only be used if an admin catches someone rdming, stops them via ban/punishment, and then restores the health of everyone the person ever touched during that round, regardless of what role you were or whether it was RDM or not. People will always complain when commands like this are implemented, which is why we have clear distinctions on when to use certain commands. For example, !fkrespawn can only be used in instances of mass FK, and not for singular FK's. Similarly, my suggested !restorehealth can only be used in instance of mass RDM, where people who weren't killed but were still damaged can get their health restored and continue the round. It wouldn't matter if Ts "abused" this or tried to trick admins into restoring people's health back because the idea is that the command can only be used once an admin determines that someone has indeed mass RDM'd.

Good points though... those could definitely be flaws.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  11723

The idea is that this would only be used if an admin catches someone rdming, stops them via ban/punishment, and then restores the health of everyone the person ever touched during that round, regardless of what role you were or whether it was RDM or not. People will always complain when commands like this are implemented, which is why we have clear distinctions on when to use certain commands. For example, !fkrespawn can only be used in instances of mass FK, and not for singular FK's. Similarly, my suggested !restorehealth can only be used in instance of mass RDM, where people who weren't killed but were still damaged can get their health restored and continue the round. It wouldn't matter if Ts "abused" this or tried to trick admins into restoring people's health back because the idea is that the command can only be used once an admin determines that someone has indeed mass RDM'd.

Good points though... those could definitely be flaws.

Thanks for clearing up how it works.

Maybe something good can come of this.

Will see what the higher ups say.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2579

I sincerely think that, to an extent, getting damaged by a fellow innocent is a part of the gamemode. Sure, there could be a case to be made if one sprays in a crowd and simply damages people instead of killing them. Adding such a command would have marginal effects on the server, I wouldn't classify it as QOL. Not a bad idea in theory, but I doubt it'd even be used - it's easy to ask an admin to restore your health (like you mention) , after all, admins need to SEE the situation to take action, in which case, restoring a survivor's health would very rarely happens.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  353

I think that it would be a good idea, but that it would also not make sense to put time into implementing because it would be rarely used...and even if it was used it would probably have very little affect because most rdmers and cheaters kill people flat out not just slightly damage them.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1423

I sincerely think that, to an extent, getting damaged by a fellow innocent is a part of the gamemode. Sure, there could be a case to be made if one sprays in a crowd and simply damages people instead of killing them. Adding such a command would have marginal effects on the server, I wouldn't classify it as QOL. Not a bad idea in theory, but I doubt it'd even be used - it's easy to ask an admin to restore your health (like you mention) , after all, admins need to SEE the situation to take action, in which case, restoring a survivor's health would very rarely happens.

This is basically how the TTT team feels. While it's not something we like to see happen, rdm is just part of the game; It's going to happen no matter what. This command would probably never get used because of how rare these situations would be. If you need to get health back because someone tried rdming you, ask a detective for a health station. This isn't something we are going to put on our admins.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread