? servers

? players online

Question of the day 4/12/19

• Content Count:  11501

Q:What's the weirdest, most creepy, strange or even paranormal encounter you've ever had?

I was doing a cross country at night, and we were the only people anywhere near us - completely unrestricted vis and clear skies. We were doing full stop taxi-backs at an uncontrolled airport, so we were in the pattern for awhile. I prefer the PCL's on the highest possible step (which is weird I guess), so I always click them on max. Anyways, every time the PCL's timed out, there would be 7 clicks over the frequency to turn them back on. There was nobody else anywhere near us, as we were doing our regular blind broadcasts and didn't hear anybody else. Then we actually asked if there was anyone else out, and no answer. No lights from anywhere at all, ground or sky. Then, just to test, I clicked it on the next lowest step (five clicks). After that timed out, five more clicks were heard over the frequency. It wasn't my instructor because both of his hands were up and showing me a map. I don't particularly believe in ghosts and goblins, but that doesn't mean I want that belief tested lol. It's theoretically possible that someone was on the ground with a handheld radio...but it just makes zero sense. We went back and googled the airport, and it's actually known for being haunted. There's a restaurant on the flight line, and they report dishes going crazy, and even seeing a figure in the tower (no one has been in there since the 80's).

For those who don't understand how flying works, the tldr is that I was flying a plane at night, and lights that are manually turned on were turning on by themselves, mimicing the way I had previously turned them on.

I've seen some weird stuff in aviation, targets that don't make sense, things flying that I have zero idea what they are or how they're flying the manner in which they're doing it, etc. I don't really think all of this is 'paranormal', as I've held a security clearance for almost a decade and worked with a LOT of different government agencies on things that 'don't exist'. The lights, however, remains completely unexplained to me, and I have no theory as to what could have happened.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  639

I was doing a cross country at night, and we were the only people anywhere near us - completely unrestricted vis and clear skies. We were doing full stop taxi-backs at an uncontrolled airport, so we were in the pattern for awhile. I prefer the PCL's on the highest possible step (which is weird I guess), so I always click them on max. Anyways, every time the PCL's timed out, there would be 7 clicks over the frequency to turn them back on. There was nobody else anywhere near us, as we were doing our regular blind broadcasts and didn't hear anybody else. Then we actually asked if there was anyone else out, and no answer. No lights from anywhere at all, ground or sky. Then, just to test, I clicked it on the next lowest step (five clicks). After that timed out, five more clicks were heard over the frequency. It wasn't my instructor because both of his hands were up and showing me a map. I don't particularly believe in ghosts and goblins, but that doesn't mean I want that belief tested lol. It's theoretically possible that someone was on the ground with a handheld radio...but it just makes zero sense. We went back and googled the airport, and it's actually known for being haunted. There's a restaurant on the flight line, and they report dishes going crazy, and even seeing a figure in the tower (no one has been in there since the 80's).

For those who don't understand how flying works, the tldr is that I was flying a plane at night, and lights that are manually turned on were turning on by themselves, mimicing the way I had previously turned them on.

I've seen some weird stuff in aviation, targets that don't make sense, things flying that I have zero idea what they are or how they're flying the manner in which they're doing it, etc. I don't really think all of this is 'paranormal', as I've held a security clearance for almost a decade and worked with a LOT of different government agencies on things that 'don't exist'. The lights, however, remains completely unexplained to me, and I have no theory as to what could have happened.

Woah, that's trippy. I like how the 'ghost' is helping you out with the lights. There have been times where I was on short final and the PCL's would go out due to the 15 min being up and I would frantically click the mic to turn it back on. Scary shit.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2187

I was going to work once and had an idea to go to the McDonald's nearby to buy the team some breakfast since we had such a hectic week that week. Bought all things needed, so I just had to buy some cups and orange juice to top it off. Headed over to the crosswalk to get to the other side and some dude came from the gas station and asked me for some money. Pretty humble guy, looked homeless due to the gigantic backpack he was hauling, so I gave him a couple bucks. As the light lit up for me, I was halfway through the crosswalk when I started noticing that the guy was following me. Didn't make a big deal out of it, since it could have been a coincidence. I started to get annoyed when I noticed that he was legit following the exact path I took to get to the Food Lion. When I headed inside, I immediately went for the OJ then for the cups and as I was going for the cups I noticed the same dude out of the corner of my eye. He noticed me too and went into the same aisle, trying to keep up with me. I tried to juke him by heading to different aisles. I got the cups, went to the registers only to find out they were all full of customers.

Then the dude came up to me only to show me his fucking ring that said "JESUS".

I actually thought this bitch had a knife or something and was gonna rob me in broad daylight, but he was just following me to show appreciation for the money I gave him. After that, we went our separate ways as he headed towards the highway.

He didn't look menacing at all. Hispanic dude, tattered clothing (a little bit), and I noticed a Bible sticking out of his backpack when he parted ways, but I guess my paranoia got the best of me. Can't be too safe when you're walking around any sort of street.

Edited by Frostbitten

• Content Count:  4798

Sometimes i wake up in a way where i am only half awake for a split second and sounds from the dream "carry over". So i feel like i wake up to some creepy laughter or a banshees scream outside my window. It feels super real and is very unsettling.

Edited by SilentGuns

Reply to Thread