? servers

? players online

Question of the day 4/12/19

• Content Count:  639

Q:What's the weirdest, most creepy, strange or even paranormal encounter you've ever had?

Does sleep paralysis count? If so, that.

Edited by Ned
forgot date

• Content Count:  1952

So me and my friends decided to go camping in the nearby forest for a night since we were all bored and coined in to do something fun, little did we know, there was a I guess a person that wasn't invited lurking around at the time. So my friends and I had just set up our camps at around 9 to 10 ish at night and we had just come back from dinner getting ready to tell stories and stuff, but since one of my friends I will just call George as a coverup needed to go to the bathroom, went to the stream like 20ish meters away and a few seconds later he started screaming. George rushes back to our little place and yells to run and something was staring at him. He described it as someone or something looking at him in the distance but this scared the shit out of us since we were like 8 and we all grabbed what we could and ran back to our houses. Mine being the furthest of course which is roughly 600 meters. I pounded on the door and I got in panting and crying to my parents that some stranger was watching us and pretty much all my friends got home except 2 of them got cuts and thorns in their legs and stuff. Some of our stuff was taken when we went back but we never went camping again. This made get the phobia of the dark and forest.

Second story: Deja vu. I have a serious problem with deja vu because whenever I'm in a situation, more often than not, the uncommon situation happens again, but with everything being the same. I have no idea how it works or how it happens but it makes me shook and I have to take a break the rest of the day or I get nightmares.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  484

(I was around 8 at the time)

The creepiest encounter I’ve had was a guy that was playing basketball at a park had like really burned body parts and I’m pretty sure he was homeless which kinda adds a little bit of scaryness (considering my age at the time cause I was small and shit and didn’t really understand shit)and like he was staring at me while I was at one corner of the court and he was on the other so my dad and I started walking home and this guy followed us. But then we turned to the street I lived on and I didn’t see him again. I haven’t gone back to that park since lol. I swear that guy wanted my lil bootie.

Edited by Nano

• Content Count:  1438

I used to have terrible night terror like things all the time. I had them from the time I was 7 or 8 and they've never really stopped. It started with there being a dark figure just standing next to my doorway, my closet, what have you. Eventually they got worse, and it felt like the figure was laying right next to me when I was in bed. It could be sleep paralysis, since everytime it happens I'm absolutely frozen in fear. Not fun.

• Content Count:  3294

Second story: Deja vu. I have a serious problem with deja vu because whenever I'm in a situation, more often than not, the uncommon situation happens again, but with everything being the same. I have no idea how it works or how it happens but it makes me shook and I have to take a break the rest of the day or I get nightmares.

I used to have a weird case of this, and then on op of that I just had super weird nightmares.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  47

I suffer (not as much I used to now) from sleep paralysis. I'll write my experiences with it.

Is it really paranormal? I doubt it. I don't really believe in spirits or ghosts. Im not even religious.

However what is real and isn't is unfortunately decided by how the brain like to think and when you are not in the right state of mind anything can be real or fake.

Fear comes from not the actual object or being, but from imagination our brain makes for ourselves. Hence the unknown are feared as only imagination makes up what it could be.

putting long talk about fear and trying to logically figure out what it is, here is what I've been suffering since I was a child. Sleep Paralysis. Recently I don't have it as much when I was a child, but when I was in grade school I used to have it almost every week and would scare the living shit out of me. And they are never new. It's always the same 3 distinct sleep paralysis and dream combined into one giant experience of horror. Closest thing to real life if you would like to imitate it (I wouldn't) would be strapping yourself into a chair, make sure you cannot move any inch of your body, and as soon as you are trapped into the chair you are thrown into a roller-coaster while there is 3D movie playing in front of you. So let me explain the 3 distinct type of "movies" you would be watching.

1. Mysterious figure: this is the most typical scenario most sleep paralysis patients suffer from. Some sort of mysterious figure is right in front of them and they cannot move, and they are awake. Sleep paralysis happen when your body is awake but your brain is still dreaming. So you could technically open your eyes, try to move, look around but you cannot. For me I have no idea whether I was actually awake or not, but when I do "wake up" I would see the room exactly as is, but with a mysterious, black figure in front of my eyes, floating just above my body. To describe the figure... well it's completely black, sometimes lots of long hairs floating, sometimes smooth, mummy like figure thats dark as burnt charcoal. First time seeing it as far as I can remember is when I was in 3rd grade and I was so fucking scared that I screamed when I could (you can't when the thing is in front of you) and woke my parents up. Luckily turning the lights off helped but unfortunately for me it happened again just 2 days after. However after a while I got used to it, but when you open your eyes and you see the figure right in front of you just floating around is very unsettling.

2. Drifting Ceiling and Acrophobia: This one was the most frightening one for me, despite many might describe the first one as the most scary one if they were to expect it. And that's because I feel this one physically. Imagine sleeping and all of sudden you just... wake up. You know when you set the alarm at 8am and you expect to sleep until the alarm but you actually wake up 7:58am and you feel strange? exactly like that, except... it's 3am. It's dark. However you can see clearly in the darkness, and you stare into the ceiling because you can't move. You can't even move your eyes. Your eyes are focused at the exact same spot on the white ceiling that's now grey from sliver of light seeping through the window. and as soon as you realize it's a ceiling, it moves away from you. A room that used to be 9 feet tall is now 18 feet, 30 feet, 50 feet, 100 feet and until to the point where you can't decide how far your ceiling is anymore. And as the ceiling moves away from you, you feel yourself free falling through the floor. And after about a minute of this, it resets and now you are back to normal stage... and it happen again. This repeats about 3 times and it goes away because either you went back to sleep or you woke up completely.

3. Savanna: This ones REALLY interesting. It's not scary, it's uneasy feeling that I get. This could be nightmare, or just very odd dream, but whenever I had this dream It would always connect to either the Mysterious figure or the ceiling. And it's the exact same dream, every single time. Basically it goes like this: you find yourself hanging onto a very tall palm tree. The surrounding area is some sort of grassland you would see from nature documentary of African Savanna. You climb to the top of it and it's about as tall as a 20 story tall building. Then when you look down, there is a huge group of animal running amok around the circle of the palm tree with about 10 meters of radius away from the tree. The group of animal consists of rhinos, giraffes, lions, horses, every animal you can think of. They are all running in circles around the palm tree, leaving large cloud of dust behind. They are all looking at you, with the glare that you feel a instinctual, evolutionary threat. THEN, the tree you are on top of starts to grow taller, and taller, to the point where you cannot see the group of animal below you. And that's it-I have never really gone past that point as It would always then connect to actual sleep paralysis of the dark figure or the ceiling. One uncomfortable thing about the transition is that when I am on top of the tree, I am laying on my belly looking down, and all of the sudden with the transition into the actual sleep paralysis I am suddenly laying down on my back.

I haven't had any of these recently as I am very busy with my life and work. In fact, I don't even remember my dreams that often even right after the sleep. Sleep paralysis can be a serious health issue and is most often caused by stress, lack of sleep, irregular sleep or even just sleeping on the back. I know how frightening it is from my personal experience. Some say it's a spirit trying to take control of you, some say it's paranormal activity. I don't believe in either of those but damn it can be a very frightening experience.

Edited by L_ky

• Content Count:  5375

There's a corner of a room in my mom's old house that always gave off a bad vibe to me. Never really saw anything weird but the energy over there was very off putting. It felt like you were being stared at constantly. Dunno how else to explain it.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread