Metal
    SG Elite

Map List Review

Last couple mornings when the server has been empty I've had time to look over maps without interruption.
    This thread is my own personal opinion piece towards the maps we currently have on our map list.
    I've been a long time TTT player from both SG Gmod to when it changed over to CSGO (Took a while)
    The regulars we have and support we have for TTT has been amazing so keep it up however do not that this thread as an insult towards your team.

I believe our server could do a lot better with a new map voting system and maybe even explore a new way of map voting since we really do have amazing maps that are hardly played. I know its the age old QQ of TTT saying the same maps play but It's really does feel that far to often.
    I do not believe nominating and over voip or in chat saying "Vote for X Map" "Vote 4!" Etc works.

This could also be the fact on average my playtime per join session is from 1-3 hours.

My goal of this thread is to shed a little light on an issue I've been seeing for a long time and if nothing comes out of this thread that is alright.
    I'm just trying to do something that is constructive for the server and maybe as a little side project for myself.
    I will be starting this thread tonight.

For each map I will be doing pros, cons, design comments etc.

Feel free to comment once I start posting these If you like.

PS: During this side-project I will be doing removal or edit threads If the need arises. This thread isn't simply for show as it will back up the requests if need be.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Metal For This Useful Post:
    L_ky (04-17-2019), TheZZL (04-16-2019)

Montag
    Lord TTT
    Hey @Metal just wanted to let you know that the TTT staff is actually in the middle of going through the maps on the server to weed out the ones that don't fit anymore. While you're more than welcome to come in this thread and post your opinions, we don't want you to waste your time on reviewing maps that might already be getting removed. If you start posting in here soon, we'll probably take what you say into account, so don't feel discouraged to review them.

In regard to the map voting system, we're looking into changing the way it works, but we aren't sure when that change will be implemented.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Montag For This Useful Post:
    Gentoo (04-11-2019), Metal (04-11-2019), Ned (04-11-2019), TheZZL (04-16-2019)

Gentoo
    Bowlcut Trimmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Montag View Post
    Hey @Metal just wanted to let you know that the TTT staff is actually in the middle of going through the maps on the server to weed out the ones that don't fit anymore.
    Will this be any sort of public poll? There's some good maps that just don't get played because people know them. While I'm all for trimming the hedges, I'd hate to see some of the classics get deleted merely due to lack of play, or poor arming.

I think making a list of maps scheduled for removal to allow people to vouch for them may save a few good ones from the culling.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:
    Ejivis (04-16-2019), Krumzie (04-11-2019), L_ky (04-11-2019), TheZZL (04-16-2019)

Ejivis
    The Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    Will this be any sort of public poll? There's some good maps that just don't get played because people know them. While I'm all for trimming the hedges, I'd hate to see some of the classics get deleted merely due to lack of play, or poor arming.

I think making a list of maps scheduled for removal to allow people to vouch for them may save a few good ones from the culling.
    For what it is worth I thought your suggestion was a good one. Doesn't seem like it was done though.