? servers

? players online

Referencing Twitch Links

• Content Count:  11501

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, our leniency regarding sharing twitch links has been taken to an extent that is considered overall harmful for the servers. While this mainly applies to Twitch, it also applies to any type of stream where you are broadcasting / have broadcasted, etc. (our tinychat is really the only camera / broadcasting thing that’s okay). If you have ever received permission to share your twitch link anywhere on forums, servers, TS, etc, it is officially revoked. Threads that have these links will be deleted as they are brought to the attention of staff. This is effective immediately, and ignorance is not an excuse.

From now on, this will be allowed on a case-by-case basis. I am the only person (along with @Gator, in my extended absence) who can give permission for this. Not a CA, AT, admin, BD, or Jesus himself. If I think you’re going to be an asshat with it, or I just plain don’t know you, don’t expect to get it. It’s an extreme case-by-case where I’ll allow it if I’m confident you won’t disturb gameplay.

People violating this, at any rank, will fall under ‘advertising’, and be handled as such. It’s unfortunate that our inch was turned into a mile, but now we have to protect server integrity. Do not try and skirt around this rule. If there are any questions, feel free to PM me - along with if you’d like permission to share your link. If it is still abused after this, then it will just be banned altogether.

Admins - I’ll make a list of people who are allowed to do this in the SA section so you can see it.

Thanks

• Like 37

• Content Count:  11501

I have been asked a few times if streaming is still allowed. This is going to be completely server-based, and you are expected to be up-to-date on all applicable rules for the server(s) you choose to play on. The managers of each server will come to a consensus about if streaming should be allowed or not.

As you may have seen, TTT has outright banned streaming, and Scrim requires a one-round delay. The reason for it being outright banned on TTT is because someone can be watching the stream while simultaneously playing, and see traitor actions that happened moments before. If the streamer is a T, a player can now just wait (insert time here for the delay) and see who is a traitor. Scrim is so fast-paced typically that all you would reaaaaaally need is like 45 seconds in 95% of situations (in my opinion), but a full round is just being safe, to ensure that everything is completely fair.

Additionally, I also believe prison break is following to ban streams (for similar reasons to TTT relating to people rebelling) - but, as said earlier, you will have to keep current on each server's applicable rules. The managers of each server come together to figure out what is best for the server. If you think that something should be done differently referencing allowing streams or not, you are free to take it up with the server managers. I'm not stepping on their toes with that, so if you come to me about that, I will just refer you to them or the appropriate forum section.

• Like 8

Reply to Thread