? servers

? players online

Question of the day 4/8/19

• Content Count:  639

Q: What should they teach in high school but don't?

I think they actually had this in my high school, but I never actually looked into it. A cooking class. I've tried so many times to make chicken, or bacon and I've burned it 3/4 times I've tried. I make pretty mean eggs tho.

• Content Count:  14

"I think they actually had this in my high school, but I never actually looked into it. A cooking class. I've tried so many times to make chicken, or bacon and I've burned it 3/4 times I've tried. I make pretty mean eggs tho."

There are many Culinary Arts programs in high schools though. At least in the high schools near me.

Edited by Jörmungandr

• Content Count:  353

Credit, Insurance, and Taxes

A single course for all 3. To help people understand the basics and get them ready for actually having a credit card, a car, and a real job.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1438

I had an optional cooking class in HS, they had some sort of like home economics in middle school that was required. You learned how to cook, sew, and balance a checkbook but giiiiirl i CANNOT remember what i did in 8th grade

maybe something in HS about how to write a check, how to do your taxes, just normal life skills should be required imo

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2187

How to do your fucking taxes. I'm so glad my Anatomy teacher taught us how to do this when we completely finished our Criminal Investigation class.

I'm not sure if they do this in other schools, but in my high school we never had a class solely for fixing up a car. That would have been nice to take but I guess now that we have YouTube, we can just learn it off from there.

Edited by Frostbitten

• Content Count:  2162

Would have loved to take a shop class in high school, more specifically wood-shop for me, but metal working and whatnot would've been cool too and useful knowledge for fixing/building shit in the future

Its sad to see a society moving away from useful knowledge that everyone should know and moving more towards useless stuff

• Content Count:  245

It would be nice of there was a scrim class. If only I learned to aim at a young age...

In all seriousness though, taxes and personal finance.

Reply to Thread