Noxstar
    Modder

bhop_uhhh

Alright this is my first ever project and I'm planning on taking this on bit by bit and setting myself a deadline so I don't rush myself and scrap the project. I will work slowly with this map since it is my first project, maybe even a floor every week and I could push this map out within 1-2 months but we'll see how it goes.

Background: Since I have no idea where to start, I'll be starting from scratch and picking up ideas from current maps and my inspiration guys @Darnias and @Metal (I probably wouldn't have done this without you guys)

This map is most likely going to be similar to ttt_skyscraper_2017 or the one we have on SG right now since it's one of my favorite maps.

If it is possible, I will try and add an objective to the map. Something like hide and seek type ttt map or something to spice up gameplay. (You can leave a suggestion on this and other things that will later be posted)

How it's going to be planned out:
    Within the first week or so, I'll be learning the basics of SDK and ask a few questions in modding along the way.
    I'll prepare to build the spawn at the top of the skyscraper and work my way down.
    It will only have 3 floors, it will be wider, larger, and more space in between the floor and the roofs.
    There will be secret rooms and a t room but less cancer than close quarters and more of a tp and somewhere to get new guns.
    After layout is done, I will begin with the graphic designs.
    After everything is done, I will try and get playtesters and polish up the map. By then, I will ask for it to be added.

A main issue that will be a prominent in my project will be my lack of knowledge around things and how to set up ttt maps. I will be asking a lot of questions over the next few weeks and the map won't be something too special. Something that players can have fun on and play every so often, but when this gets finished. I do hope that it can be added and if a miracle happens, becomes a classic.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Noxstar For This Useful Post:
    Asher (09-08-2019), fozilla mirefox (03-31-2019), Metal (03-31-2019), nV (03-31-2019)

roux

[DATA EXPUNGED]

Congrats on taking the initiative, you're going on a long journey.

I recommend watching 3kliksphilip and tophattwaffle videos/tutorials whenever you're looking for information. Even old videos from CSS are still relevant to making maps.

Draw a basic plan of your map if you can, pick a theme, go step by step, follow 16-grid (die darnias)

You don't need an impressive map nor t rooms to make a good map. Don't go over the top, stick to what you think will be playable. Above all else, TEST IT A LOT.

Have fun

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roux For This Useful Post:
    Darnias (04-01-2019), Noxstar (03-31-2019)

Noxstar
    Modder

Quote Originally Posted by roux View Post
    Congrats on taking the initiative, you're going on a long journey.

I recommend watching 3kliksphilip and tophattwaffle videos/tutorials whenever you're looking for information. Even old videos from CSS are still relevant to making maps.

Draw a basic plan of your map if you can, pick a theme, go step by step, follow 16-grid (die darnias)

You don't need an impressive map nor t rooms to make a good map. Don't go over the top, stick to what you think will be playable. Above all else, TEST IT A LOT.

Have fun
    Thank you for the advice man! Will need it a lot when I'm embark this conquest, cya when I make my first update.

Noxstar
    Modder

Now that school has started again, I'm getting off my lazy ass and making this into a bhop map. :^)

Live Progress Update 10/18/19: Explosion hole in the wall; Speed ramp; More testing, cleaning up, adding list of names of people who want to be on there, post here.

7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Noxstar For This Useful Post:
    Bacon (10-18-2019), bat (10-18-2019), Duffy (11-03-2019), English (09-08-2019), Error. (09-08-2019), Infinityward (10-18-2019), nvm (09-24-2019), Poke (09-08-2019), Reid99 (09-10-2019), Tagwrack (09-25-2019), TheZZL (09-09-2019), Tyymunk (09-08-2019), urp (09-08-2019)

urp
    Community Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxstar View Post
    Now that school has started again, I'm getting off my lazy ass and making this into a bhop map. :^)

Live Progress Update 10/18/19: Explosion hole in the wall; Speed ramp; More testing, cleaning up, adding list of names of people who want to be on there, post here.

Still looks great! Had fun when testing it yesterday and hope to see more coming along

9. The Following User Says Thank You to urp For This Useful Post:
    Noxstar (10-18-2019)

Noxstar
    Modder

As many of you all know, I'm working on a bhop map (obviously as seen here above), I'm announcing that I (have and) will be throwing this on the back burner while I focus on school and fixing other things for the boys in purple. :^). I'll provide occasional live updates on the post above whenever I get the chance to work on this map since I'm only scratching the first bit of the map. So no this map isn't abandoned, just never got the chance to open hammer to work on it in a bit.

So far I've only made a blueprint for 2 stages (Planning on having 3)
    btw I didn't mean to mention the entire modding team rip sorry.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noxstar For This Useful Post:
    Infinityward (11-18-2019), Synk (11-19-2019)