? servers

? players online

Equipping a weapon on nearby death (Minor Issue)

• Content Count:  641

It's all very situational, and I completely understand the opposition. I appreciate everyone's comments so far, thank you.

Upon reflection - there really is no way to make a rule for this. I think I was just being a butthurt nerd cuz some lint-licker died with an AWP while lined up next to me, and I got popped instantly (even though I was straight up following orders, and not even looking towards CTs). I was drunk, leave me alone. In an ideal world, CTs could give Ts an opportunity to drop, but that opportunity can be used to kill a CT. In all technicality, I had a gun, and that's KOS'able.

Like Gentoo said, if a gun is dropped, KOS should be revoked (pending other factors that would permanently permit a KOS). Not sure if that is already a written rule or just the part of JB culture.

• Content Count:  2206

I agree with that this can be extremely(EXTREMELY) annoying when it does happen. I'd like for anoyone who has a good idea to change the rule to please be specific and consider what the ramifications could be to the idea like when is it freekill, how could that be handled, etc it's been said before that nothing is written in stone however there needs to be a good change with solid logic behind it before it can be considered towards a change.

• Content Count:  5375

I agree with that this can be extremely(EXTREMELY) annoying when it does happen. I'd like for anoyone who has a good idea to change the rule to please be specific and consider what the ramifications could be to the idea like when is it freekill, how could that be handled, etc it's been said before that nothing is written in stone however there needs to be a good change with solid logic behind it before it can be considered towards a change.

The best solution I can think of is to somehow disable auto pickup and require a t to press the use key on guns but I think that could break a bunch of secrets unintentionally.

• Content Count:  3294

The best solution I can think of is to somehow disable auto pickup and require a t to press the use key on guns but I think that could break a bunch of secrets unintentionally.

There's no point, if you're a sensible T you move away slightly from the action. In most of these situations the t's are lined up at cell stairs or maybe they're told to freeze somewhere. If you don't want to rebel you can move a little bit away and just take the warning shot like a man. Most ct's don't want to give up those crucial seconds when a T picks up a primary to let them drop it again. In those situations where they do drop it immediately and they get sprayed down anyway that CT get's some remorse but rules are rules. I think this is fine where it is now.

• Content Count:  5375

People complaining about how hard it is to play ct and now you want them to have to wait to see if someone's going to drop a gun? Counterproductive imo

There's no point, if you're a sensible T you move away slightly from the action. In most of these situations the t's are lined up at cell stairs or maybe they're told to freeze somewhere. If you don't want to rebel you can move a little bit away and just take the warning shot like a man. Most ct's don't want to give up those crucial seconds when a T picks up a primary to let them drop it again. In those situations where they do drop it immediately and they get sprayed down anyway that CT get's some remorse but rules are rules. I think this is fine where it is now.

As you can see if you read either of my posts I'm not a big fan of this idea but was just giving a possible solution if the server managers/community felt otherwise.

• Content Count:  3294

That was in response to this:

and this
Just turn off auto pickup you noobs
I was making a point on how the current state imo is fine because regardless, you're picking up a primary.
Edited by TheZZL
Apologies

• Content Count:  5674

The general consensus among the Jailbreak staff is that there's no real way to fix this. That's how it has always been. Yeah, it sucks, but there's no other rule or plugin that could be put in place that would be more effective.

We understand where you're coming from and we appreciate the fact that you brought it up, but that's unfortunately how it'll have to stay.

• Like 5

Reply to Thread