? servers

? players online

Cardioid Mic suggestions

• Content Count:  820

It is a very popular brand. That doesnt mean it is the best. It is proven to be good but that doesnt mean it offers the most value. Just like HyperX Cloud headsets are solid value but are not the best in their category or price range.

You should listen to youtube videos of the microphones you are interested in. Each microphone will sound different and pick up different ambient noises. Check out some streamers and what not. What type of microphone are you wanting? You said cardioid, but what type of cardioid?

Plain and simple Blue is not as good as AT or Shure. Shure is the best XLR dynamic microphone you will be buying.

Well I see that both AT and Shure require some sort of audio interface and that only adds to the cost. I guess what I’m saying is I’m looking for something that’s less complicated (at least for me) than AT and Shure. I’ve done comparisons of Blue Yeti vs Razer vs AT, haven’t really noticed much of a difference. That’s probably just me tho. While I agree that both Shure and AT are defenitely better options in terms of quality, the overall ease of use when coupled with my knowledge of audio is less than that of a Blue or Razer mic.

For now I’ll be going with the Razer, I’ll defenitely keep both the AT2020 and Shure in mind if I am completely unhappy with my current purchase. Also I will most likely be adding that boom arm bundle to whichever mic I decide to purchase. Thank you for all your suggestions. I wish I was more educated in audio so I could make the perfect choice...

Reply to Thread