? servers

? players online

Resetting Times

• Content Count:  586

I don't see us ever reseting all the times on the maps, like many have said, people have spent days of there lives to get great times and complete hard maps and it would be a pretty shitty thing to do. One thing that did happen not too far back, was that we changed the surf timer plugin. Which reset ALL of the bot records, so old completions and times on maps stayed, but the WR and stage records all reset. So even if someone had a 1:14 wr on a map before the reset, it won't show on the timer, so the new wr could be 1:21. Since all of the WR shown on the surf timer we're done after the reset then everyone should have equal chances of getting WR. The last reset is still pretty recent, so I dont think there is a reason as of now to reset the bot times again. There are some maps that still don't have WR or stage records. Sorry if this is hard to understand, I wrote it in a hurry on my phone.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4

Which maps would you say have unbeatable times? There are a few stage times that are several seconds faster than actually possible but this is due to a timer bug. There are a few stages where the 350 velocity cap in the stage starting zone makes the stage nearly unbeatable, but I'm not aware of any unbeatable map times. If you could list some of them off I wouldn't mind looking into them to see if a boost or something else was taken advantage of.

I know im a bit late but I am seeing problems with at least 2 records that are unbeatable.

One would be surf_this_njv which has a time missing 3 checkpoints by using a skip that cuts off most of the map where checkpoints are located, making the record unbeatable since the skip cannot be done anymore since you need to pass all checkpoints.

The second one may be beatable but was achieved with stage skips where you can bhop to the end of the stage without surfing the ramps, which you can no longer do since the stage speed caps dont allow you to do these skips anymore.

There are probably some more records/times out there that have prehopped skips or have skips that miss checkpoints that shave time that can no longer be used. I think this could be fixed by changing the maps with unbeatable times to either have less checkpoints or higher speed caps in stage zones.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  633

I know im a bit late but I am seeing problems with at least 2 records that are unbeatable.

One would be surf_this_njv which has a time missing 3 checkpoints by using a skip that cuts off most of the map where checkpoints are located, making the record unbeatable since the skip cannot be done anymore since you need to pass all checkpoints.

The second one may be beatable but was achieved with stage skips where you can bhop to the end of the stage without surfing the ramps, which you can no longer do since the stage speed caps dont allow you to do these skips anymore.

There are probably some more records/times out there that have prehopped skips or have skips that miss checkpoints that shave time that can no longer be used. I think this could be fixed by changing the maps with unbeatable times to either have less checkpoints or higher speed caps in stage zones.

I trust d.a with this issue as he is a way better surfer than myself and knows a lot about the higher tier maps with unbeatable records.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.