? servers

? players online

Resetting Times

• Content Count:  633

I wanted to post a thread to gather the communities opinion on resetting the times on all surf maps. On a lot of maps, the times are simply unbeatable due to skips that were used in the run being impossible now. Though, I understand a lot of people have worked hard for their current records, which is the only bad side I can see to this proposition. But, I feel as though it would allow players to set reasonable, yet competitive times.

Also, because I suck and wanna hold a record, but that is beside the point.

Again, this is just a proposition and I would love to hear your thoughts and/or ideas.

Thank you.

• Content Count:  1671

I can see the frustration in many people who aren't skilled enough to achieve records as I see this on bhop and I've wanted to do this as well, but you have to look at all the trouble people have been through to get their times so low and the percentage awards that you can get through the forums.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2162

I can see the frustration in many people who aren't skilled enough to achieve records as I see this on bhop and I've wanted to do this as well, but you have to look at all the trouble people have been through to get their times so low and the percentage awards that you can get through the forums.

I think more of the issue with surf records is with the addition of the new timer, it can cap your speed while going through checkpoints. I would say either fixing it to make this not happen, or resetting the times to make it a fair competition would be a reasonable thing to do

• Like 1

Yeah, I understand some people have worked quite hard for their times but that would be the only thing I would really have a problem with. I just feel like its unfair that someone can hold a record on a map using a skip which is no longer possible making the record impossible to beat. Maybe the times could only be reset on certain maps or the record revoked from the individual using the patched skip.

• Content Count:  1671

I think more of the issue with surf records is with the addition of the new timer, it can cap your speed while going through checkpoints. I would say either fixing it to make this not happen, or resetting the times to make it a fair competition would be a reasonable thing to do

Rip surf percentage awards

Yeah, I understand some people have worked quite hard for their times but that would be the only thing I would really have a problem with. I just feel like its unfair that someone can hold a record on a map using a skip which is no longer possible making the record impossible to beat. Maybe the times could only be reset on certain maps or the record revoked from the individual using the patched skip.

This could easily be fixed...probably...with dedication...and lots of red bull...To go through all maps and see which maps are fitted to have times deleted.

• Content Count:  418

Which maps would you say have unbeatable times? There are a few stage times that are several seconds faster than actually possible but this is due to a timer bug. There are a few stages where the 350 velocity cap in the stage starting zone makes the stage nearly unbeatable, but I'm not aware of any unbeatable map times. If you could list some of them off I wouldn't mind looking into them to see if a boost or something else was taken advantage of.

• Like 2

Which maps would you say have unbeatable times? There are a few stage times that are several seconds faster than actually possible but this is due to a timer bug. There are a few stages where the 350 velocity cap in the stage starting zone makes the stage nearly unbeatable, but I'm not aware of any unbeatable map times. If you could list some of them off I wouldn't mind looking into them to see if a boost or something else was taken advantage of.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Surf_Training, the record used a double boost which isn't possible anymore. I know there are a couple more. I think it would add more competitiveness to the server even if it wasn't solely due to some records being unbeatable though.

• Content Count:  2206

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Surf_Training, the record used a double boost which isn't possible anymore. I know there are a couple more. I think it would add more competitiveness to the server even if it wasn't solely due to some records being unbeatable though.

I personally don't mind that much cause I only have like 15% maps completed but for people like Poobah, who have been gradually getting to 100% while he most likely could do it again, that takes an extremely long time unless you no life it and can go to any map you want whenever you want. For someone with similar completion percentage as Poobah that would be a huge setback. Other than that I wouldn't mind seeing them reset. Only other thing I can think of is people who aren't that great at surfing and maybe spent 30 minutes on a map to complete it and may not be able to do it again that would be a bit crushing as well.

• Like 1

I personally don't mind that much cause I only have like 15% maps completed but for people like Poobah, who have been gradually getting to 100% while he most likely could do it again, that takes an extremely long time unless you no life it and can go to any map you want whenever you want. For someone with similar completion percentage as Poobah that would be a huge setback. Other than that I wouldn't mind seeing them reset. Only other thing I can think of is people who aren't that great at surfing and maybe spent 30 minutes on a map to complete it and may not be able to do it again that would be a bit crushing as well.

Yeah, I did think about Poobah and what a rip that would be. I feel like, if possible, we could allow players to keep their points so the ranks do not reset. I know one of the classics has a 0.97 second time which I forgot about so it's stuff like that that made me suggest this in the first place. I can see both sides though. We could change the percentage awards to say (old) (new) or something along those lines.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2162

Is the only issue with these skips the fact that people cant use it because of the new timer and the zones capping their speed at certain points, or was it a csgo change that no longer allows these to be possible?

If its the first issue, its probably possible to make it so players above 400 speed or so dont get their speed capped at 350, so this issue could be fixed.

If its the latter, then itd probably be best to at the least reset the WR times on those maps so its plausible for people to beat them

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.