? servers

? players online

Remove this map from the server?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Remove this map from the server?

jb_clouds_beta02 removal

• Content Count:  713

Clouds is always shit because there is only one way to and from second island. Rebelling is extreme difficult, and leads to CTs ordering Ts to second island for a freeday as Loki stated. Awful map.

Technically there are 4 ways to get to and from first island to second island, but 1 of them can only be used once. The obvious way is the teleport and the second way is to jump from top of main cells into the middle of the tree on first island, but most of the CT’s don’t know that secret so it’s kinda useless, the third way is to jump on the block them onto the tree to the left of jump rope.

Clouds indeed has a lot of things to do as from what Metal said, the CT’s need to explore those options to see if it will be fun for the T’s. I’m going to withdraw my “No” bc the map has a lot of things to do unlike some of the other popular map options, but it also kills the population most of the time.

• Like 1
Edited by Pred

• Content Count:  5674

I can't honestly sit here and say that I haven't witnessed first hand how this map has killed off the population. However, that doesn't make seeing this removal request any less weird. This version of clouds is the 9th most played map on the server with the previous version of clouds being the 8th. While I can attest to the fact that as of recently it has killed the server, I can't say it's been like that forever. This map used to make the server thrive. I believe it's a shift in the style of play that the CTs have adapted and I think it has a lot to do with the way the map is set up.

It seems as though quite a few people are in favor of its removal and I would also personally lean towards that option. Please vote or post if you haven't already though.

• Content Count:  331

I really like Clouds but I agree, it’s got to go. It’s had a good run but JB CT’s are have too many 11-12 year olds who camp first island instead of helping out the fellow CT’s. It becomes annoying when you and 3 other guys try to enforce on second island, but then one T rebels and kills your buddies and all of a sudden you’re spectating 7 guys jumping around first island saying “full freeday! .....But no first island!”. If it’s not an instance like this it almost always has to do with climb since there’s one way in and one way out. It’d be better removed.

• Content Count:  1583

I can't honestly sit here and say that I haven't witnessed first hand how this map has killed off the population. However, that doesn't make seeing this removal request any less weird. This version of clouds is the 9th most played map on the server with the previous version of clouds being the 8th. While I can attest to the fact that as of recently it has killed the server, I can't say it's been like that forever. This map used to make the server thrive. I believe it's a shift in the style of play that the CTs have adapted and I think it has a lot to do with the way the map is set up.

It seems as though quite a few people are in favor of its removal and I would also personally lean towards that option. Please vote or post if you haven't already though.

I feel like this is one of the maps that people vote for just because they recognize the name. Nobody gets hype shouting "VOTE 5, VOTE CLOUDS" during the map vote in the same way people do for electric, VIP, or even Spy. On the contrary, most vocal people express how it's boring when there aren't skilled CTs on. It doesn't get RTVed instantly like The Simpsons, so I don't feel that it deserves to get removed any more than other maps, it's a matter of people forgetting how much they don't like it and voting for it every time. I'd say if you want to fix this you just have to remove the map cool down so people can play what they really want, or ramp it up, so people will get used to variety and less familiar maps.

• Content Count:  824

Sometimes the map can be fun, but like by almost everyone who has posted, the map kills the server population and also the cts give the same order of fd on second island to get an easy camping win. Honestly, I feel with better cts the map could be a lot better, but they choose to not be better. Also, looking at this from a perspective of if it were to be removed, it would give more chances to play maps that a lot of people like more than this one, which could even potentially lead to getting more people to play on the SG jailbreak server. But if someone has played jb on a different server prior, they may know of a better map, so when they see its on clouds, they're just like "yeah, I'm not gonna join that server."

• Content Count:  391

About a year ago, I definitely would've been for removing clouds entirely. However, after spending time playing on different servers with different rules etc, I've come to realize how great this map really is.

Not only does this map provide a layout unknown to other maps on our roster, it also provides very intricate secrets that are very rewarding to either side that is able to get them. Spawning in the cell with the book case? You can stack up with a fellow T and reach the vent on top of cells, teleport to a UMP45 and healing station. Want to get back into maincell and shoot CTs in a stack with that gun? There's a teleporter behind warday. This can be done within the first 30 seconds of the round.

Or maybe you're a CT, and you want to send the T's over to disco: grab an awp, take the pool teleporter, climb the backend of dive, done before cell doors are open, and you're all set for a successful round. I could go on and on.

It's not about the "bad design" of this map, it's the lack of knowledge and the lack of wanting to know these secrets from SG's population that makes this map turn into a "freeday on second island" map.

TL;DR - Clouds is the best map for invested jailbreak players, it's the lack of knowledge of secrets of the population that make it seem frustrating for other players. I don't believe it should be removed at all, it really is one of our best maps we have available. The lack of creativity from the active CTs, and Ts make it seem unbearable to play. I'd recommend nay-sayers to look up a youtube video of all the secrets on clouds, and give the map another shot.

Honestly, I feel with better cts the map could be a lot better, but they choose to not be better. Also, looking at this from a perspective of if it were to be removed, it would give more chances to play maps that a lot of people like more than this one, which could even potentially lead to getting more people to play on the SG jailbreak server. But if someone has played jb on a different server prior, they may know of a better map, so when they see its on clouds, they're just like "yeah, I'm not gonna join that server."

This could be said about any map at all, except for clouds, as it thrives immensely on other servers, and most people that don't play our server would be more inclined to hop onto our version of clouds on a full server as opposed to any other map.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  257

Clouds used to be a lot of peoples favorite maps, because we would actually play it. Now it's always freeday second island, or something along those lines. It should probably be removed just because of how unplayable some CTs make it.

• Content Count:  2206

About a year ago, I definitely would've been for removing clouds entirely. However, after spending time playing on different servers with different rules etc, I've come to realize how great this map really is.

Not only does this map provide a layout unknown to other maps on our roster, it also provides very intricate secrets that are very rewarding to either side that is able to get them. Spawning in the cell with the book case? You can stack up with a fellow T and reach the vent on top of cells, teleport to a UMP45 and healing station. Want to get back into maincell and shoot CTs in a stack with that gun? There's a teleporter behind warday. This can be done within the first 30 seconds of the round.

Or maybe you're a CT, and you want to send the T's over to disco: grab an awp, take the pool teleporter, climb the backend of dive, done before cell doors are open, and you're all set for a successful round. I could go on and on.

It's not about the "bad design" of this map, it's the lack of knowledge and the lack of wanting to know these secrets from SG's population that makes this map turn into a "freeday on second island" map.

TL;DR - Clouds is the best map for invested jailbreak players, it's the lack of knowledge of secrets of the population that make it seem frustrating for other players. I don't believe it should be removed at all, it really is one of our best maps we have available. The lack of creativity from the active CTs, and Ts make it seem unbearable to play. I'd recommend nay-sayers to look up a youtube video of all the secrets on clouds, and give the map another shot.

This could be said about any map at all, except for clouds, as it thrives immensely on other servers, and most people that don't play our server would be more inclined to hop onto our version of clouds on a full server as opposed to any other map.

The main issue with this is the current way CTs operate on our server you will absolutely not see our server full with this map.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  1952

map is huge, some of the portals are extremely hard to find and wack. Terrible layout and too many secrets that not many t's will know to get to armory which by then will might kill a camping ct in 1way box on cells or have to rat them out. Tower from first island to second is where most ct's camp if they give an order and sometimes if a ct opens cells too early and the order to was bum rush somewhere in second island, the t's can camp the ct's and it's a very unbalanced map since t's pretty much wipe all the ct's then have to go back to first island and try and kill the camping ct's.

• Content Count:  3294

Like what @Metal said it's not the map that's bad but the CT's. Multiple times I give a second island order as CT and I end up getting ganked by all the t's because none of my ct's came with me. Instead of giving the map a bad map how about we give the CT's a bad wrap. I understand we can't just immediately yell at ct's on first island, but when we have an issue like this repeat multiple times it needs to stop.

This idea might be a little much, but we could try and edit the map? In a way so the CT's are forced to stay on second island (We would do this by editing the map). I wouldn't mind attempting to learn how to edit/create maps in order to save clouds_beta. The process of editing should be something like make the cells open automatically, and have no bridge to the maincell area (instead a teleporter straight to second island). This way if someone stays in armory they can easily be called out and reported. I had an idea for the t's to have a 1-way portal to second island but it's rough. We really shouldn't kick out such a good map because of shitty CT's. Please guys, let's save clouds.

I really honestly think we should attempt to fix the problem of our CT's first, and if Clouds still "kills the population" then maybe bring this discussion back up again.

Edited by TheZZL