? servers

? players online

Tesla's Model Y!!!

• Content Count:  115

Tesla has just announced its Tesla Model Y! It's an SUV model starting at $39,000 and 230 miles of range (which is a relatively common price for a "high-end" SUV).

Hopefully, production doesn't suffer as much as it did during the production of the other models, but considering the current demand and market impact it is going to have, I'm guessing that we're gonna have another backdraft.

There's sites that are saying how Model Y is the first car to be profitable (high volume/gross margin) which hopefully puts more cash into Elon's wallet which he can invest into his other companies.

What are your opinions on Tesla and Elon's newest product? Also, would you consider purchasing the Model Y if you could receive it without delay?

Let me know your thoughts~!

• Content Count:  2693

It's a cool car but I wouldn't say it's the first car to be profitable. I predict that like all of the other models, it will be delayed heavily followed by refunds. I personally am not a fan of Tesla interiors as I think they look weird and barren, they look great from the outside though.

• Content Count:  1583

Now that the brand and business plan is established, it should be a lot easier for Tesla to push production at a reasonable rate. Not only this, but the affordable-ish small SUV appeals to the largest portion of new car consumers at the current time.

If you've done any looking into what Elon Musk's goals are, he doesn't bother too much with his brands making enough money. As long as he's making jobs, and his employees are getting paid, he's more focused on trying to accomplish his vision for what the world is. Tesla is a lot closer to Musk's vision of what car companies can and will be in the future. It's making great strides, and I'm sure they'll be pushing a decent profit by 2025, but the brand is aimed at Musk's vision primarily.

Now that the brand and business plan is established, it should be a lot easier for Tesla to push production at a reasonable rate. Not only this, but the affordable-ish small SUV appeals to the largest portion of new car consumers at the current time.

If you've done any looking into what Elon Musk's goals are, he doesn't bother too much with his brands making enough money. As long as he's making jobs, and his employees are getting paid, he's more focused on trying to accomplish his vision for what the world is. Tesla is a lot closer to Musk's vision of what car companies can and will be in the future. It's making great strides, and I'm sure they'll be pushing a decent profit by 2025, but the brand is aimed at Musk's vision primarily.

I completely agree and think that Elon himself is more concerned about his vision and goals. However considering that he has obligations to fulfill for the shareholders and investors, it’s important to rack up profits to show sustainability and minimize the restrictions that are put onto his work. The new car is definitely super appealing though. In a couple of years I think that I would consider the Mode Y a better option to gas alternatives considering cost performance.

It looks like a model x with bigger tires...

never been a big fan of Tesla's designs (they look like cars made by phone manufacturers) but the price tag tho!

Model X is ~80,000 and the new Model Y is ~40,000 with many of the features that makes a Tesla, Tesla!

Sure, it doesn't have the cool factor of the gulf wing doors or the bragging rights of owning an X, but it's a surefire option when compared to something like the Lincoln MKX which is also around 40,000 usd.

• Content Count:  3440

I love Tesla and am a fan of the idea of making a Tesla SUV, but to call the Y an SUV is a farce.

It's a minivan. Zero ground clearance = no off-road capability.

The only SUV-esque part of it is the 3rd row seating and some additional storage room.

SUV's in general have been slowly morphing into mini-vans for awhile now and it's a bit sad.

Reply to Thread