? servers

? players online

Should the CT lockout timer change in duration/at all?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should the CT lockout timer change in duration/at all?

• No, I believe it is good where it is.
    • Yes, I believe it should be removed altogether.
    • Yes, but I believe the time should be increased.
    • Yes, but I believe the time should be decreased.

CT Lockout Timer - We want your input!

• Content Count:  5108

I'm making one last bump on this thread since the poll closes tomorrow and I'd like to get as many opinions on this thread as possible. I'm also going to send out one last wave of mentions for those who voted in the poll and did not make a post reinforcing their vote.

@Creten @Davie @Snowy @Strayyz @ThRza @WavY @Bernard. @Andy Dufresne @Bacon @Cept For Her @Demi @Error. @H4XOR @ManiacJak @Pred @Ray @ShadoTheLunatic @Takuto

Like I said in my previous bump, if any of you would like to expatiate on what you voted in the poll a little, that would be greatly appreciated. It doesn't have to be a thesis paper on what motivates people to freekill on Jail Break, but just a simple "I voted for [REDACTED] because [DATA EXPUNGED]" would suffice. Also, please go ahead and list off a time that you think would be an appropriate change if you voted for a time increase/decrease.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  712

i pretty much agree with what metal said. either remove the timer and let new players learn by reading the rules at first and then learning more as they play. but if you have a ct lockout timer it should 100% be longer than 25 minutes. maybe you can urge newer players to read the rules more so they dont need to play a certain time or just increase it to like 1-2hours

• Content Count:  416

I definitely think the CT lockout time should be higher than 25 minutes. In my opinion, it should atleast be set to an hour. In the short span of 25 minutes before being allowed to become a CT, a new player could be completely clueless and die at the start of the rounds 4-5 times in a row. One hour lets them get to read the pattern of the server and see how the game works.

• Content Count:  1103

I honestly think that there needs to be an increase on when a new player should be able to join CT. I believe it should be in-between 1-2 hours so we don't loose any possible regs but yet enough time for them to learn the rules and maybe not have as many mass FKers because they are not going to wait 1-2 hours just so they can get banned within 2 minutes of being caught by an admin

• Content Count:  622

I've been playing JB a lot in the last few days and I don't think the CT lockout timer needs to be changed. Most of the CTs know what they are doing and understand the general rules. I do see how increasing the timer could lessen the chances of a freekiller to join CT, but at the same time, many players join JB to play CT. I think this could decrease the population of the server and possibly cause new players to stray away from our server. I wouldn't mind the lockout timer to be increased a bit, but I think 1 hour or more is too much.

• Content Count:  713

I think it should be increased bc since CS is now free I've seen a bunch of players with brand new accounts join ct and then start freekilling, freeshooting, etc. 1-2 hours on T side gives new players ample amount of time to get the hang of JB

• Content Count:  3299

I think an increase would be beneficial as it would increase the likelihood of having a CT that has some understanding of the game style and isn't just some first time player. For the time limit I believe 45 minutes to an hour would be a good time pre-requisite.

• Content Count:  5108

The poll is now closed.

With this thread being open for a week now, this will be brought up to discussion between the other managers and representatives of the server and we will hope to reach a conclusion in the near future. Anyone who has not weighed in on the topic at hand is still able to do so, but this is enough feedback to get the ball rolling. Thank you to all who have contributed to this thread; part of what makes a server great is the player base and your dedication to the server does not go unnoticed by anyone on the Jailbreak staff.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.