? servers

? players online

T Buys

• Content Count:  1583

This is sort of an off the cuff idea, but I think it would be interesting if we allowed Ts to use the buy menu. Under a heavy nerf, this would allow Ts a better chance of rebelling, especially those that don't spawn in cells with pistols/secrets or simply don't know the secrets. Rather than spending several paragraphs explaining it, it's probably easier just to get the idea out there.

Ts start with $0, to prevent everyone from buying pistols first round and toasting the CTs.

Ts will earn a small amount of money each time CTs win a round: $50-100

This would give Ts a better chance of winning rounds when the ratio is off balanced, reducing the need for admins to balance ratio (but not eliminating it), and countering for a team full of sweaty CTs.

Ts will also earn a small amount of money for knife kills, and only knife kills: $150-250

This would reward Ts that are actively rebelling and give them a chance to survive with a USP etc., when they are KOSed, but someone else steals the late CT's primary.

Ts would be restricted to buying certain items to stray away from pushing the server further into the Deathmatch meta and giving them an even greater advantage over the CTs.

Items that could be purchased by Ts:

Kevlar+Helmet

Pistols

Nades

Scouts (This is questionable as allowing a T to unintentionally gunplant a whole crowd could be problematic)

I feel that this could give Ts more to look forward to in rounds, and could help balance out future CT sided buffs. Let me know what you guys think!

• Content Count:  17

I don't think so I feel like its a little unfair still because it takes the severs reason away you kill cts or use secrets to get guns. So I feel like it should not be a thing

• Like 1

• Content Count:  29

Flashbangs and smokes might be spammable. If they were to be implemented they should be very expensive. I think any sort of weapon would really make it harder for the CT's to control the T's than it already is. Weapons for the T's should not be buyable. I'm really onboard for the kevlar and helmet idea although, would make things more interesting and gun fights would be more fair.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2206

I would agree with armor on the basis I've had many times where I just really can't get anything done because I get melted or an m4 can 1 tap me. I don't think giving Ts the ability to buy armor would hurt us really, just make armor expensive. I would not support flashbangs or smokes though unless you can put a limit on how many total flashbangs/smokes between ALL the T's can be purchased(similar to the jihad). But I think the armor thing could be useful if you make it expensive enough so that it takes maybe 2-3 rounds before you can afford it to avoid anything game breaking. It is a T buff but in all reality its as minor of a buff as you could give them.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2579

I get the idea, I know where you got it from, but in practice it's garbage for a server with our rule set. Our server is enough of a death match as it already is, Ts have it way too easy on the majority of the maps played (and the amount of guns/secrets is outrageous on certain maps) - it'd be an unnecessary buff to an already stacked side. !contraband kinda ruins the gameplay, where everyone gets a glock after 5 rounds, ruins the purpose of being the 'underdogs'.

Jihad is already something to watch out for, I don't see how we'd improve the server by buffing Ts, Dominic just happened to buff the CT side because it was too rough on them.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  2206

I get the idea, I know where you got it from, but in practice it's garbage for a server with our rule set. Our server is enough of a death match as it already is, Ts have it way too easy on the majority of the maps played (and the amount of guns/secrets is outrageous on certain maps) - it'd be an unnecessary buff to an already stacked side. !contraband kinda ruins the gameplay, where everyone gets a glock after 5 rounds, ruins the purpose of being the 'underdogs'.

Jihad is already something to watch out for, I don't see how we'd improve the server by buffing Ts, Dominic just happened to buff the CT side because it was too rough on them.

Thoughts on just allowing armor to be purchased every so often?

• Content Count:  3294

Thoughts on just allowing armor to be purchased every so often?

Personally I don't think armour would be helpful to the already stacked gamemode. Something cool might be a flashbang or smoke, where similar to jihad only one of each can be bough by the team each round. I would like to see the two items be expensive, and the round bonuses/money given decreased so it's a little more balanced. Thanks @Fuze for brining this thread back.

• Content Count:  713

Buying armor would be nice b/c it can sort of prevent ts from getting "accidentally headshot" and not getting melted by the CT''s so fast. On the downside it would be harder for the CT's who use the m4 and USP since you need to double tap them in the head instead of 1 shotting them.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread