? servers

? players online

Unlock a backup gaming PC

• Content Count:  115

Indeed, this has never been there for ages, and probably will still be there for ages, as even if they fix this from their installation discs, people can use third party CMD discs to do exactly the same with admin privileges. (Like Hiren's BootCD, UBCD, etc).

Had to reset passwords on a daily basis when I used to work in a PC repair shop.

Does this method also work with full-disk encryption? I use VeraCrypt on all of my hard-drives and had always thought that it was completely secure.

What would you advise as the best way for maximum security?

• Content Count:  2206

Does this method also work with full-disk encryption? I use VeraCrypt on all of my hard-drives and had always thought that it was completely secure.

Don't let anyone get physical access to your computer without you knowing what they are doing. I assume the encryption doesn't let you load into windows without a password? In my experience drive encryption kicks in right after post which stops anyone from being able to boot from usb/CD/etc so as long as they can't boot from anything without the encryption password you are pretty secure.

But again and I'd like to stress, if anyone gets physical access to your machine, and they know what they are doing, your data is absolutely not safe.

I've always been taught that nothing is uncrackable it's just nobody has figured out how to do it yet

• Like 1
Edited by Fuze

• Content Count:  3178

If you encrypt your hard disks with a reputable encryption system (last time I checked VeraCrypt was still reputable), then you're safe.

The methods described above only work on regular windows drives without encryption.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3

I have seen people suggest using command prompt,well,it is a good idea,but that doesn't mean everyone can do that,i can not do it,my computer skills don't allow me to do that.

• Content Count:  1

The people who introduced it thought it was helpful, at least enough to Modify the password for game PC.Please note keep pressing F8 to open the Advance Boot Option.Everything else needs to be done according to the computer instructions.

Check out this program that claims to be an expert:https://www.winpwd.com/

And http://www.boot-disk.com/programs_password_changer.htm.

Edited by Samkim

Reply to Thread