? servers

? players online

Unlock a backup gaming PC

• Content Count:  3

The PC was built 5 years ago and host a Windows 7 OS. Honestly it is less frequently used because of the new one is ready to work. I need to pull of the game archives from the computer but can't remember the login password.

• Content Count:  3

Can you open up command prompt at the lock screen? If so, try inputting this "net user "

If that doesn't work try using this. There are instructions on the site.

the command prompt says permission denied when applying the net user command

• Content Count:  1

the command prompt says permission denied when applying the net user command

Honestly,using command prompt is too complicated for us,since i did befor,but i didn't succeed.

Look at this program to get what you need.

Edited by Rassier

• Content Count:  2206

You can look this up on YouTube I don't know the exact command line prompts anymore, but if you have a Windows installation disc pop it in, go to administrative tools and launch the command prompt, then you can set sticky keys to command prompt so that when you hit Shift 5 times at the logon screen instead of activating sticky keys it'll bring up command prompt. From there you have admin level access and you can reset the password to whatever user you want using the cmd John provided. I just don't remember what the command to set sticky keys to command prompt is anymore

Use to do this to my buddy's laptop when they were positive I couldn't get into their machines even with physical access easiest 20$ I ever made

EDIT: I did the leg work for you bud

following this should get you to the end result you want however the most important thing is you need the Windows installation media whether it be the original disc or launching from USB.
  • Like 1
Edited by Fuze

• Content Count:  3287

You can look this up on YouTube I don't know the exact command line prompts anymore, but if you have a Windows installation disc pop it in, go to administrative tools and launch the command prompt, then you can set sticky keys to command prompt so that when you hit Shift 5 times at the logon screen instead of activating sticky keys it'll bring up command prompt. From there you have admin level access and you can reset the password to whatever user you want using the cmd John provided. I just don't remember what the command to set sticky keys to command prompt is anymore

Use to do this to my buddy's laptop when they were positive I couldn't get into their machines even with physical access easiest 20$ I ever made

EDIT: I did the leg work for you bud

following this should get you to the end result you want however the most important thing is you need the Windows installation media whether it be the original disc or launching from USB.

This seems like a serious security flaw in Windows lmao

• Content Count:  2206

It's actually a really great lesson that if anyone gets physical access to your machine and knows what they are doing your data is not safe. It's known and has been like that since like windows 2000 or at least XP in my experience and still holds true in Windows 10 today.

• Content Count:  3178

It's actually a really great lesson that if anyone gets physical access to your machine and knows what they are doing your data is not safe. It's known and has been like that since like windows 2000 or at least XP in my experience and still holds true in Windows 10 today.

Indeed, this has never been there for ages, and probably will still be there for ages, as even if they fix this from their installation discs, people can use third party CMD discs to do exactly the same with admin privileges. (Like Hiren's BootCD, UBCD, etc).

Had to reset passwords on a daily basis when I used to work in a PC repair shop.

Reply to Thread