? servers

? players online

Mute avoiding exploit (jailbreak)

• Content Count:  107

Do players ever get punished for getting killed on jb then leaving the server and reconnecting to talk? Because i've seen people like kuri do it on a daily basis just to talk shit

Edited by anuL

• Content Count:  536

I will always mute anyone who is not muted while dead on JB. You are suppose to be muted, period. Regardless if you are exploiting it by leaving and rejoining or it happens by accident you should be muted.

• Content Count:  820

Kuri (Yuki or Lucy), doesn't exploit this. He only happens to join late on first round (due to his internet and the round starting before he cant connect) so I think your accusation of him specifically doing this is false...

EDIT: Obviously if he is doing this on any other round he needs to be punished but I've only ever seen it happen on first round...

• Content Count:  701

Kuri (Yuki or Lucy), doesn't exploit this. He only happens to join late on first round (due to his internet and the round starting before he cant connect) so I think your accusation of him specifically doing this is false...

EDIT: Obviously if he is doing this on any other round he needs to be punished but I've only ever seen it happen on first round...

Ive caught him a few times doing it and he blames it on lagging out the rejoining.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1583

I usually don't worry about it too much, as it usually does not become a huge issue. If someone is intentionally and repeatedly doing this, they should be punished. I'm not entirely sure why dead chat is disabled, unlike on other servers. I assume it is to reduce VOIP load on a 50 slot server and make it easier for admins to follow the round without having to !md every round. @Dominic, any insight?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  820

Ive caught him a few times doing it and he blames it on lagging out the rejoining.

I don’t doubt he would do this. It’s just that I’ve never seen him personally leave and then rejoin... I’ll try to talk to him about this as we play together a lot

• Content Count:  2668

I usually don't worry about it too much, as it usually does not become a huge issue. If someone is intentionally and repeatedly doing this, they should be punished. I'm not entirely sure why dead chat is disabled, unlike on other servers. I assume it is to reduce VOIP load on a 50 slot server and make it easier for admins to follow the round without having to !md every round. @Dominic, any insight?

Same reason as TTT. Dead players could relay information that changes the game.

• Content Count:  1423

Same reason as TTT. Dead players could relay information that changes the game.

Pretty sure he was confused on why the dead can’t talk to each other, not why the dead can’t talk with the alive.

• Like 1
Edited by Zayne

Reply to Thread