Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    maddius
    SG Regular

    Join Date:
    January 2019
    Posts:
    94

    Mute avoiding exploit (jailbreak)

    Do players ever get punished for getting killed on jb then leaving the server and reconnecting to talk? Because i've seen people like kuri do it on a daily basis just to talk shit

  2. #2
    Bacon
    SG Professional

    Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date:
    November 2018
    Location:
    In an igloo
    Posts:
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by maddius View Post
    Do players ever get punished for getting killed on jb then leaving the server and reconnecting to talk? Because i've seen people like kuri do it on a daily basis just to talk shit
    If i catch players doing this i mute them. It is avoiding mute

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bacon For This Useful Post:
    Dong (03-14-2019)

  4. #3
    Dong
    big fag
    Dong's Avatar
    Join Date:
    August 2018
    Location:
    mg_mikis_multigames
    Posts:
    274
    I will always mute anyone who is not muted while dead on JB. You are suppose to be muted, period. Regardless if you are exploiting it by leaving and rejoining or it happens by accident you should be muted.

  5. #4
    Tyymunk
    ¿
    Tyymunk's Avatar
    Join Date:
    January 2019
    Location:
    Event Horizon
    Posts:
    334
    Kuri (Yuki or Lucy), doesn't exploit this. He only happens to join late on first round (due to his internet and the round starting before he cant connect) so I think your accusation of him specifically doing this is false...

    EDIT: Obviously if he is doing this on any other round he needs to be punished but I've only ever seen it happen on first round...

  6. #5
    Bacon
    SG Professional

    Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date:
    November 2018
    Location:
    In an igloo
    Posts:
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyymunk View Post
    Kuri (Yuki or Lucy), doesn't exploit this. He only happens to join late on first round (due to his internet and the round starting before he cant connect) so I think your accusation of him specifically doing this is false...

    EDIT: Obviously if he is doing this on any other round he needs to be punished but I've only ever seen it happen on first round...
    Ive caught him a few times doing it and he blames it on lagging out the rejoining.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bacon For This Useful Post:
    Tyymunk (03-14-2019)

  8. #6
    Gentoo
    Bowlcut Trimmer
    Gentoo's Avatar
    Join Date:
    June 2017
    Location:
    Midlothian, VA
    Posts:
    553
    I usually don't worry about it too much, as it usually does not become a huge issue. If someone is intentionally and repeatedly doing this, they should be punished. I'm not entirely sure why dead chat is disabled, unlike on other servers. I assume it is to reduce VOIP load on a 50 slot server and make it easier for admins to follow the round without having to !md every round. @Dominic, any insight?

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:
    Tyymunk (03-14-2019)

  10. #7
    Tyymunk
    ¿
    Tyymunk's Avatar
    Join Date:
    January 2019
    Location:
    Event Horizon
    Posts:
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Ive caught him a few times doing it and he blames it on lagging out the rejoining.
    I don’t doubt he would do this. It’s just that I’ve never seen him personally leave and then rejoin... I’ll try to talk to him about this as we play together a lot

  11. #8
    DancingMoonLight
    Zero Two for life
    DancingMoonLight's Avatar
    Join Date:
    May 2017
    Location:
    eXtr3m3's DMs
    Posts:
    1,198
    Knowingly leaving and rejoining knowing that you're just doing it to get around a punishment/design in place is both evading punishment and exploiting a bug, respectively.


    and @Gentoo do you really want to hear dead people in JB. Do. You. Want. That.

  12. #9
    Gator
    Interior Crocodile Alli
    Gator's Avatar
    Join Date:
    March 2009
    Posts:
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    I usually don't worry about it too much, as it usually does not become a huge issue. If someone is intentionally and repeatedly doing this, they should be punished. I'm not entirely sure why dead chat is disabled, unlike on other servers. I assume it is to reduce VOIP load on a 50 slot server and make it easier for admins to follow the round without having to !md every round. @Dominic, any insight?
    Same reason as TTT. Dead players could relay information that changes the game.

  13. #10
    Montag
    Lord TTT
    Montag's Avatar
    Join Date:
    November 2017
    Location:
    Teamspeak
    Posts:
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Same reason as TTT. Dead players could relay information that changes the game.
    Pretty sure he was confused on why the dead can’t talk to each other, not why the dead can’t talk with the alive.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Montag For This Useful Post:
    Gentoo (03-15-2019)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •