? servers

? players online

Time on JB before playing CT

• Content Count:  590

I'm not sure if there was a previous thread about this but I really believe this should rule should be implemented. After playing an unhealthy amount of scrims the past month, I have decided to come back to JB. I still love JB and always will but JB on here has become pretty popular with about 30+ plays almost always for half the day all days of the week. But the more the server grows, more rule breakers come along and more negligent people come along with it and people just do not care. There is always so many careless CT's and majority of the people are because they haven't played enough and don't care enough about the rules. I think there should be a 6-10 hour play time (your decision, not mine) on JB before you can play CT. Now this will probably drift people away from playing but a major problem and I do understand that people won't want to put the time in but with all of this freekilling, JB does have the title of "the most toxic server on SG'. Another problem this brings is that admins constantly need to be monitoring JB and honestly, it does get to a point where you just want to leave because you're overwhelmed by the fact of everybody yelling "ADMIN HELP ME" and half of the time you can't help because you didn't see that and the play doesn't understand that. Yes, you can make player complaints but through this rule, there won't have to be so many player complaints. One last problem is mass-freekilling. I've seen this way too often and if this rule is implemented, mass free-killing is pretty much gone and all free-killing is reduced to a very minimum amount.

• Like 2
Edited by duffy

• Content Count:  820

We want to make an environment where we dont turn away new people while also minimizing the amount of rule-breakers we get. I see where you're coming from, but I think 6-10 hours is wayyyyyyyy too long. This was discussed in the JB community meeting a while ago, not sure if you were there for it, and the general consensus was an hour or 45 minutes would be a good time for CT to be unlocked...

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5674

We currently have the plugin on the server that blocks people from playing CT until they've played for 25 minutes. People have come forward about increasing it in the past, but there's been no compelling arguments for doing so. In my opinion, it'll just drive people away.

I'm not saying it's off the table though, I'll entertain arguments. However, 6-10 hours is completely off the table and I wouldn't even consider that at all. 2 hours is the maximum I would ever go if people really pushed for it and made valid points for doing it.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  590

Yeah honestly I remember going in another server and they had 8 hours and I just went off that but the more I think about it 8 hours is way too long. I would still say one hour and 15 minutes to like 2 hours.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  107

I agree with the 2 hours. New players would play and try to join ct and realize there's a time limit, they'll play for like 20-30 minutes and get killed which eventually makes them think they got freekilled, switch to ct and give useless freedays.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2162

Id say increasing it from its 25 minutes now, to somewhere around 45-60 minutes would be a good option. Even 2 hours might be a good option

If you think about this in a logical sort of way, you can figure out that a map (especially electric razer) lasts probably about 40-60 minutes on the server until it MUST be changed. Going based off this, it really depends on if you think the players should play 1 whole map cycle, half a map cycle, or 2 whole map cycles before they "should" understand the FUNDAMENTALS of playing CT/Guard.

Personally I would go somewhere around 80 minutes of total connection time, leaving about two maps of playing T side before the person is allowed to play on CT. While this may restrict newer players for a bit, it will also show them what CTs are supposed to be doing, and T side isnt that bad to play when you're forced to. Getting the bad CTs off is probably a different discussion of re-implementing CT Bans, but Im not gonna throw this off topic, just wanted to mention it.

As for a specific value, id say anywhere from 40-80 minutes should do you well in deterring repeat-freekillers and also giving the player enough time to not only read the !rules pop-up on connection (as wawa mantioned), but also see how the server functions and how the CTs act on that side.

My thoughts on this from this thread

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1469

I personally would like to see an increase in playtime to 40-60 minutes since our regular player base population has increased over the past month. In my opinion 2 hours is way too long but if we increase it to 40-60 minutes which is essentially 2-3 maps worth of playtime, we can actually test to see if it has any major impact on lessening the amount of freekillers without actually ruining it for new comers and not let them on CT at all.

• Content Count:  697

My thoughts haven't change so I will quote myself

The amount of time we have know is fine when i was playing on an alt it took an adequate amount of time before I was able to play CT. For anyone who wants to play CT side they have to wait a while but it is a good enough time so they can learn the ropes, if they had to wait 2 hours they would probably leave which would turn away potential regs. Even if we were to extend the time limit it wouldn't affect the amount of free killers it might dieter some but for most they wouldn't mind waiting to play CT and break the rules. This doesn't seem like it would fix the problem at hand just have them wait 2 hours before doing what they were gonna do either way especially with the potential down fall this shouldn't be implemented.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.