? servers

? players online

Baiting question

• Content Count:  85

I'm very confused half the admins I ask tell me if a t is not frozen (crouch walking, shift walking, running) and they are preknifing and end up knifing a ct it's kos (In terms of going to an ordered location). And the others say that it is indeed baiting and cannot be shot for that. Can someone give me a clear answer on whether it is or isn't baiting or maybe if it's up to ct discretion because I feel like I've been enforcing an incorrect rule this entire time.

• Content Count:  430

I'm not exactly sure what you mean about the T being frozen, but you might be asking if pre-knifing is allowed when you're supposed to be frozen or crouch-walking or just following move order. If so, then yea, you can pre-knife basically anytime and if a CT walks into your knife, they can't kill you for it. They can't purposefully walk into your pre-knife then kill you for knifing them. You also just can't walk STRAIGHT toward the CT while knifing or else they'll probably kill you for attempted knife which is allowed. I'm not sure if that answers your question but there's that.

• Like 1
Edited by Toasty

• Content Count:  85

To be clear if an order is given for example to shift walk to medic and you are on your way to medic and a ct accidently gets too close and you turn to look at him while preknifing and knife him is that baiting or kos.

• Content Count:  820

I get what you're saying as in the rules it says "moving towards a CT and knifing is considered attempt to knife which would be KOS". I think it's up to CT discretion to an extent. Personally, I knife while I walk or run so when a CT gets in the way of a T ALREADY knifing then that's baiting on the CT's part and the T should not be punished. If a T is however moving towards an ordered location and STARTS knifing when the CT walks in front of him then that would be KOS as he is not already knifing. I think its a very situational rule and depends when the T starts knifing. Any admin input would help!

• Content Count:  820

To be clear if an order is given for example to shift walk to medic and you are on your way to medic and a ct accidently gets too close and you turn to look at him while preknifing and knife him is that baiting or kos.

I would say this is baiting because the T is already knifing and the CT purposely puts himself in a situation to get knifed...

• Content Count:  1469

Rule

• CTs aren’t allowed to bait the Ts by running into them, jumping on their heads or otherwise being dumb

Definition

• Baiting - doing something that a CT would never do if they’re trying to stay alive.

I would say yes that is baiting, if ur knifing and walking to somewhere and a CT runs infront of you just to get knifed by you. For the most part it’s up to interpretation, you have to be the one to judge wether or not it is baiting for the most part

• Like 1
Edited by Takuto

• Content Count:  53

CT's will kill you either way if this is a rule or not I think. They will just consider it damage and take it the wrong way before you can even explain anything.

• Content Count:  1799

This has been cleared up with the new rule change seen here

3/14/19:

- Rule updates in regards to baiting:

These rules are NO LONGER in play:

• CTs aren’t allowed to bait the Ts by running into them, jumping on their heads or otherwise being dumb.

• CTs cannot shoot if they walked into a T's knife, that is a freeshot/freekill.

• CTs who bait preknifing Ts and are stabbed cannot shoot the preknifing Ts.

This is the new rule in regards to baiting and IS NOW in play:

• CTs are not allowed to purposely make attempts at getting themselves knifed by Ts, subject to admin discretion. In any case though, a T is KOS for having damaged a CT.

So pretty much, this will all play out the same with the exception of how Ts knifing CTs is treated. It made no sense to allow the knifing of a CT in any form, especially since it went against some of our rules that were already in place. Pretty much, if you're going around randomly knifing and run into a CT, you'll be held accountable. However, if a CT is trying to get you to knife him so he can kill you, an admin can punish them or they can be reported if it's that severe.

These changes have also been made in the official rule thread. As always, please give any feedback you have on the forums.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread