? servers

? players online

[TTT] Trip mines

• Content Count:  325

Trip mines are a big deal. Lots of fun but when your T buddies are not paying attention enough your karma goes down. Here is my suggestion to fix unwanted “rdm”. Adding a red border (like the current T border?) around the trip mine so your blind T bodies stop dying stupidly.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  430

I think having a red border around trip mines would be a good idea. Others argue that just a call-out in Traitor chat is enough but I often see that despite a call-out, people don't pay attention sometimes and walk into the mines regardless. If the mines had a red border that you could see through walls, the Ts would be able to see it through and around corners and walls, prepare themselves, reducing rdm in the long run.

• Content Count:  484

I think this would be an extremely good idea, but it could honestly still be really annoying if you can see it through walls. I think it should be like how when you're a detective it outlines the detectives when you can actually see them, and not through walls. Other than that this suggestion is one I would like to see added.

• Content Count:  2162

Pretty sure we could just prevent the mines from damaging T's pretty easily with a generic 'If then' statement but it could be more complicated than that because I have no exp with source pawn or retros coding.

Issue with making Ts immune is that it can easily give away a Ts role, if they walk through it and theres people around them. Pretty sure there was another thread on disabling damage to Traitors for trip mines, but that argument came up about giving away roles

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1671

Issue with making Ts immune is that it can easily give away a Ts role, if they walk through it and theres people around them. Pretty sure there was another thread on disabling damage to Traitors for trip mines, but that argument came up about giving away roles

Man you wanna steal my fire? I was going to reject that last thread about damaging t buddies with mines. If anyone saw a person not die to a mine = 1 free kill for the innocents.

We can easily start with adding a chat message to all the Ts whenever a mine is placed like C4, but making outlines and seeing through walls would be much more difficult.

Edited by Im Sad

• Content Count:  361

Pretty sure we could just prevent the mines from damaging T's pretty easily with a generic 'If then' statement but it could be more complicated than that because I have no exp with source pawn or retros coding.

In the other thread we had nobody really wanted traps to not damage Ts because it'd be something like a free taser. An outline or having them show up on the minimap would be a better solution.

• Content Count:  1671

Ok! This is how it's going to sorta work. Till the TAs can work on the main TTT plugin to make mines visible through walls for traitors, we're going to test out a chat message:

J8KNjjm.png Everyone thank @Nishok

Even if you tell them via team chat that a trip mine has been placed, this message should pop up as well, and the beeping sounds it makes is all the same. Mines still do damage to your t buddies, this will not be changed. If there's any other questions about this or a bug from this pops up, let us know.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  913

Yes! My desire to make tripmines relevant again is working out. Thanks for the changes :d

Now just to make matchboxes useful and i've succeeded :d

Reply to Thread