35 members have voted

1. 1. Interested in joining?

• Interested and able to commit to the time frame
    • Interested but unable to commit to the time frame
    • Not interested.

SG Open (Similar to ESEA Open)

• Content Count:  701

THIS IS NOT AN ACTUAL SIGN UP, THIS IS ONLY TO GAUGE INTEREST

Hey guys, the peeps behind scrim and I have been thinking about trying to set up a closed-sign up SG Open League like ESEA open.

Time frame: Beginning around mid May - early June | Ending around Mid to late August

My intention is to use the match threads like esea to schedule matches. If there's enough interest, the matches will be scheduled by creating threads in a sub section called "SG Open." Teams have a week to schedule and play their match(es) unless a reschedule is necessary. The goal is to play one match a week, but it may be two matches a week depending on how many signups we have.

Requirements:

-To sign up you must create your own team and then post your team, team captain, and members on the signup thread.

-Up to 7 players per team (maximum 2 subs). You're allowed to add people to your roster up to this maximum players until halfway through the "season" (TBD last day to add members to roster).

-Must have a team name + designated captain. The captains are responsible for scheduling matches once matchups are determined each week.

-All players part of the team must have a forum account. (Since this would be our first actual "open league" I'd like to refrain from bringing in outsiders of the community for now)

Rules:

-Each week will have matchups made by us, and you'll have that week (starting on Monday, ending on Sunday) to schedule and play that match.

-Failure to schedule a match or to meet at the match scheduled time (all 5 of your team members playing present) would result in a forfeit. Three forfeits is an auto drop from the league.

-Standard competitive rules (5v5), scrim rules, and SG rules apply. Subs not on the roster of a team are not allowed.

-Grace period after scheduled time is a maximum of 15 minutes. The team that doesn't have their full lineup present would forfeit after the 15 minute grace period.

-Map pool is the standard active duty competitive map pool. We may float old cobble in there too but as of right now its just the active duty map pool.

-Matches will be BO1, Playoffs will be BO3.

-Either top 4, 6, or 8 will go into playoffs depending on how many teams sign up.

-At the end of a match, someone from either team should screenshot the results and post it onto the match thread to confirm results.

Misc:

-If a team needs to reschedule for a later week and the other team agrees to it, it can be done, but it would have to be arranged with an organizer (likely a scrim rep or the AT)

-Organizers reserve the rights to make changes to rules and requirements.

-Signups would open 2 weeks before the season begins.

Prizes: T B D

I hope to schedule everything in a way where each team gets to play all the other teams in the league once. If there's a lot of teams, this won't happen, but I think our communities just the right size for this to work.

• Like 20

• Content Count:  2206

et93Y54.jpg

Mfw when you have to censor an A+ meme

I think this is a good idea a lot more structure and easy to setup for all players involved rather than just having a hard scheduled date and hoping everyone shows up. +Rep yo

• Like 2

• Content Count:  660

So, if I were to try to get a team together, would I just get steamrolled by the likes of H4xor and murphy?

Thump grew up playing for participation trophies and not trophies for winning.

Reply to Thread