? servers

? players online

Would this be considered ghosting?

• Content Count:  820

Would being in a discord call with someone while playing JB and giving the location of the CT when I am killed (a call out) to the people in the discord call be considered ghosting? Not multiple locations, just saying once I die "he killed me from kitchen" or "awp secret" or something of the sort. I don't intend to ghost and I've been doing this some lately as it's natural habit to give a call out where the enemy is when you were killed. But if this is considered ghosting I will cease from doing this...

• Content Count:  484

Okay thank you, I will refrain from doing this from now on...

This mans just admitted to ghosting lol. Anyways, I suggest just binding your discord talk key to the same thing as your cs:go talk key to help stop accidental ghosting. Also, I think in discord you can make it so that two keys can activate push-to-talk so you can bind your csgo talk key to discord and another if you wanna just talk to the person(s) in private and not the whole csgo server.

Ok, well just realized the function I mentioned might only be for TS. I’m not on my computer right now so I can’t test it out but I guess you can find out for yourself if it’s a thing on discord.

• Like 1
Edited by Nano

• Content Count:  536

This mans just admitted to ghosting lol. Anyways, I suggest just binding your discord talk key to the same thing as your cs:go talk key to help stop accidental ghosting. Also, I think in discord you can make it so that two keys can activate push-to-talk so you can bind your csgo talk key to discord and another if you wanna just talk to the person(s) in private and not the whole csgo server.

Ok, well just realized the function I mentioned might only be for TS. I’m not on my computer right now so I can’t test it out but I guess you can find out for yourself if it’s a thing on discord.

You can do this in discord but how does this function prevent ghosting considering what he states will still be said in discord? If he has the same key and gives the fallout he is just doing the same exact thing but just telling literally everyone ingame and in discord.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  484

You can do this in discord but how does this function prevent ghosting considering what he states will still be said in discord? If he has the same key and gives the fallout he is just doing the same exact thing but just telling literally everyone ingame and in discord.

Oh shit you’re right. Damn I’m not that smart.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2206

I personally think ghosting is giving information to players that they wouldn't be able to get otherwise without seeing the person. If you call out to your t buddys in discord where you died I wouldn't consider that ghosting. If you went "he killed me from kitchen and now hes sitting in the corner of kitchen waiting for someone to walk in hes close to the left, he just went into the vent, and now hes in garage, and now hes in soccer" that in my mind in ghosting.

Going "he killed me from kitchen" sounds like a call out to me

• Like 1

• Content Count:  536

This is also very situationally dependent. If said player is still in kitchen and you say you died there, yes it is a callout, but that is basically giving away his position without really saying it. Honestly, the easiest way to solve this problem is to just not do this at all.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread