? servers

? players online

Cell Button Delay

• Content Count:  3294

A lot of times we're playing JB and it's about 12 CT's to 30 T's, in a situation like this we need to be accurate and prepared. The one issue is a CT with no care for enforcing opening the cells immediately at the start of the round, making the ct's vulnerable and the round is over fast. On some maps like Arcade this isn't a problem, but on summer jail or the RazoTrio the ct's HAVE TO go through the t cell area to get to enforceable locations. I can cite multiple times on summer where A ct opens the cells, and because the armory is behind the cell area we're swamped with t's halfway through and will either die or the t's will kill a large majority of us. I propose that on certain maps like summer jail, revamp, razor, VIP, and clouds we either move the cell button to somewhere where the ct's talk a while to walk (like on avalanche), have a delay on the cell button until 4:20 or 4:00, or make it like blackops where it opens automatically at 4:00 with no button.

Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  1583

It's a no for me dog. Not only is rebelling a key part of our server (that we shouldn't be making impossible), the first few seconds of the round are pretty crucial to determine how the round will turn up. Not only that, as long as CTs aren't shopping for shoes in spawn, they have plenty of time to get out of armory and to an enforceable position before cells are open (usually 4:45-4:30). You don't have to have every secret covered, you just need a few CTs in front of cells to ensure that all the Ts don't just run to pool. If you haven't noticed, everyone hates Blackops and usually RTVs it before it ends. Cells being closed for a whole minute means that essentially 20% of the Ts round is wasted, added to whatever time they are dead.

The most I'd be okay with is locking cells until 4:45 to combat trolls. Even then, I try to switch people that are trolling, and you're welcome to make player complaints for players who do this.

It's a no for me dog. Not only is rebelling a key part of our server (that we shouldn't be making impossible), the first few seconds of the round are pretty crucial to determine how the round will turn up. Not only that, as long as CTs aren't shopping for shoes in spawn, they have plenty of time to get out of armory and to an enforceable position before cells are open (usually 4:45-4:30). You don't have to have every secret covered, you just need a few CTs in front of cells to ensure that all the Ts don't just run to pool. If you haven't noticed, everyone hates Blackops and usually RTVs it before it ends. Cells being closed for a whole minute means that essentially 20% of the Ts round is wasted, added to whatever time they are dead.

The most I'd be okay with is locking cells until 4:45 to combat trolls. Even then, I try to switch people that are trolling, and you're welcome to make player complaints for players who do this.

I do think having it 4:00 was a bit rash of me, and I completely agree with you. The main reason I made this was because of the trolls I get so much on CT side that do this, especially on SummerJail. I wasn't aware I could make a player complaint on this, and I definitely will from now on.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  820

Although much has been said already I just wanna add the fact that map knowledge is required for both Ts and CTs. If a CT doesn’t have enough map knowledge to get themselves into a location where they are safe from T’s while still enforcing then they will die. Specifically on clouds, there is a secret to get onto 2nd island without going through the portal and summer jail’s armory has an exit to the roof or outside so it’s all dependent on how well the CT knows the map. I do agree that someone opening the cells early is extremely annoying but I think CTs can easily work around it and enforce well if they know the map well. Of course, if a CT repeatedly opens cells early for no reason than to have the Ts rebel before CTs give orders, then a player complaint is incoming for that person...

• Content Count:  1583

I do think having it 4:00 was a bit rash of me, and I completely agree with you. The main reason I made this was because of the trolls I get so much on CT side that do this, especially on SummerJail. I wasn't aware I could make a player complaint on this, and I definitely will from now on.

I'm going to caution you on this, because you've made some excessive/petty complaints in the past, and I don't want you to waste your time. He careful to distinguish between who's actively trolling and who's just not a very good CT. It's only really trolling if they're opening the cells before orders are given, very early in the round. If they're just opening cells after orders are given, or 30-45 seconds into the round because nobody's given an order, that's not going to cut it. Once again, with any other complaint, make sure you are letting them know what they're doing wrong, and asking them to stop.

I'll do what I can on the servers to improve these situations, but one of my gripes with this is that it impedes Ts who want to rebel. Even if cells are locked just until 4:45, it completely destroys any possibility of the T in iso using the secret to get out and open cells. While this might make our server more balanced from T to CT, it would definitely change the meta, and may make things more stale.

• Like 1

I'm going to caution you on this, because you've made some excessive/petty complaints in the past, and I don't want you to waste your time. He careful to distinguish between who's actively trolling and who's just not a very good CT. It's only really trolling if they're opening the cells before orders are given, very early in the round. If they're just opening cells after orders are given, or 30-45 seconds into the round because nobody's given an order, that's not going to cut it. Once again, with any other complaint, make sure you are letting them know what they're doing wrong, and asking them to stop.

I'll do what I can on the servers to improve these situations, but one of my gripes with this is that it impedes Ts who want to rebel. Even if cells are locked just until 4:45, it completely destroys any possibility of the T in iso using the secret to get out and open cells. While this might make our server more balanced from T to CT, it would definitely change the meta, and may make things more stale.

I'm aware of what justifies a legitimate player complaint, and I ALWAYS let someone know what they're doing is wrong multiple times.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5108

The Jail Break staff got together right after our CA meeting and this was one of the topics we brought up. Ultimately, we decided that this is something that would require a lot of work for a problem that we feel can be handled in other ways. This requires editing to be made to the maps themselves and would be a change that would have to be implemented to the ~25ish maps that we currently have on the server. It would be a bit much to ask someone to go about making these edits.

Good suggestion though, @TheZZL.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread