? servers

? players online

Chat orders

• Content Count:  697

Don't always look at the cons lmao. We could easily implement a rule to not have that happen. I think this is a great idea actually, it's been a struggle for ages for people with no mic to give orders and this could definitely help fix that.

im not only looking at the cons just bring up problems so we can discus them

• Content Count:  29

Okay say this goes through and becomes the new meta for non-mic CT's. Would only the chat orders using this command be enforceable? What about the orders issued in regular chat? If this goes through, I suggest making it so that only chat orders that go through this command are enforceable because if not T's would get used to seeing the commands in front of them without looking at regular chat anymore. I see a big red flag when it comes to abuse and personally I don't have trouble looking at chat while playing. Good Idea but I think cons outweigh the pros.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  188

Okay say this goes through and becomes the new meta for non-mic CT's. Would only the chat orders using this command be enforceable? What about the orders issued in regular chat? If this goes through, I suggest making it so that only chat orders that go through this command are enforceable because if not T's would get used to seeing the commands in front of them without looking at regular chat anymore. I see a big red flag when it comes to abuse and personally I don't have trouble looking at chat while playing. Good Idea but I think cons outweigh the pros.

Yes, any order given in chat should go through the chat command. Otherwise, other CT's won't see it and they'll get pinned for "freekilling". It helps both the T's and CT's

Say for example a non-mic CT wants to allow a T who got freeshot passage to medic. He'd type "/o INMATESO&SO Go to Medic." And in big, bright flashing text in the center of screen it shows "INMATESO&SO Go to Medic." so that both T's know it's only him and that CT's don't shoot him when a fellow guard allowed a T to go to medic through chat instead of mic.

• Content Count:  2162

Might not even have to make it pop-up on the side by the chat, but it might be possible to make the orders pop up in the notification bubble in CSGO.

For those of you who don't know what Im talking about, the little gray text bubble in the middle-bottom of the screen that is generally noticeable to see, it may be possible to add a !co or !chatorder command followed by whatever the user types in chat to appear there in the bubble. Only con I may see of this is the possibility of one order wiping another from being used consecutively too quickly, however this could be fixed with a simple delay on the command of 2-3 second after its use.

I agree with the entire proposal that if this were to be implemented, that chat orders would have to go through this command to be enforced specifically through chat, but lets not also forget that a CT on mic can "repeat" an order that was typed in regular chat as an actual order if they wanted it enforced.

Obviously this would be labelled as abuse if used too often, or at times that is detrimental to other player's game play and is used as more of an advantage than a communicative device. Could also be more helpful with getting people's attention when there's too many Ts or players talking on mic as well, so thats another plus!

One last thought I had was making this a toggle-able command although the issue I see in that is people forgetting they have it on and using it at times they should not be.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.