? servers

? players online

!calladmin when an admin is on.

• Content Count:  697

This was talked about during the 02/23/19 JB community meeting here and here.

Anti-calladmin abuse

This would make it so when an admin is on the server it would send call admins to the discord bot to prevent call admins when an admin is on. This is effective but had some proposed problems, the first is when an admin is under cover this has a solution is that it checks for whether an admin is tagged up or not this would allow call admins if an admin is undercover not managing it. The other problem that was brought up is what if a tagged up admin goes afk then it wouldn’t allow call admin with no admins on. One propose solution is ignoring specs but another solution that @ThRza and I thought up is an auto spec kicker to fix that problem but also afks to makes sure that they don’t take up slots in a full server.

Auto Spec Kick

This would kick specs after a certain amount of time, the only problem is if someone was recording a demo or just watching it would be unfair for them to be kicked. An easy way to combat this is for the person to type in a command so they would be exempt from the auto kicker.

Please post feedback.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1633

Not even sure if the first one is even possible; you’d have to ask someone who knows how calladmin works for an answer.

Second one will have too many negative consequences, some of which you already mentioned. Almost always when a server is full an admin is on and/or one can be easily reached using teamspeak, discord, or the forums. All someone needs to do is notify an admin and they can join and kick specs.

Don’t really know if this needs to be done because I see a lot of issues coming out of these fixes for things that don’t really seem like major issues anyways.

Edit: Quick question - are you suggesting these for all the servers or just jailbreak?

• Like 1
Edited by Kieran

Not even sure if the first one is even possible; you’d have to ask someone who knows how calladmin works for an answer.

Second one will have too many negative consequences, some of which you already mentioned. Almost always when a server is full an admin is on and/or one can be easily reached using teamspeak, discord, or the forums. All someone needs to do is notify an admin and they can join and kick specs.

Don’t really know if this needs to be done because I see a lot of issues coming out of these fixes for things that don’t really seem like major issues anyways.

Edit: Quick question - are you suggesting these for all the servers or just jailbreak?

right now it is just jail break but could be used for all servers.

• Content Count:  1633

right now it is just jail break but could be used for all servers.

Theoretically couldn't a player just type the command to avoid being kicked if they wanted to go afk?

I know it doesn't make sense people would do that instead of leaving but who knows lol

Edit: Didn't realize was in the jailbreak subforum… man I'm tired. If the first one works and goes well I think it definitely should be put on all servers.

• Like 1
Edited by Kieran

• Content Count:  484

Theoretically couldn't a player just type the command to avoid being kicked if they wanted to go afk?

I know it doesn't make sense people would do that instead of leaving but who knows lol

What if you have to type the command like every 15-20 minutes? That’s an easy fix for that I think.

• Like 1

thrza brought this up but i mean this does its job well enough if someone goes out of there way to go afk just let them, I don't think it would be that big of a problem. it does what it sets out to do.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  325

Auto Spec Kick

This would kick specs after a certain amount of time, the only problem is if someone was recording a demo or just watching it would be unfair for them to be kicked. An easy way to combat this is for the person to type in a command so they would be exempt from the auto kicker.

I actually did a plugin today that kicks AFKs (not admins) and also gives a warning before kicking

• Like 1

• Content Count:  965

Ok just had an idea, if admins are afk when someone calls admin what if we set something up to where if they don't type /claim it then pings the discord. Say if they don't type /claim within a minute it then pings the admins. That way if an admin was afk it would then ping staff on the discord.

And if they weren't afk they would be able to type /claim and it wouldn't ping the discord

• Like 2
Edited by ThRza

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.