? servers

? players online

Adding CT ranks.

• Content Count:  697

CT Ranks

This was talked about during the 02/23/19 JB community meeting here and here but I wanted to go more in depth about the CT rank system and how to possibly combat the kill incentive that a kill oriented scored board. Also to make it so that it isn’t just playtime so that people who have nothing else but time to play the servers.

I personally feel that it should encompass multiple things other than just one, what I brought up is that it should be playtime and stats that way it incentivises people to play CT. On the other hand it will make CT more kill farming which I feel would make the game less fun for a lot of people, especially with the direction we are going with JB.

Please give feedback so we can get something implemented.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  331

This might be a dumb idea but I don’t see a way where it doesn’t work

Just like in ZE there should be ranks for each player (when on ct) that reflect your skill level off your playtime and other factors. Newbies shouldn’t get to talk when a lot of people are alive and their main goal is to enforce the orders of the higher up ct. Just my 2 cents.

I do agree that we NEED some sort of system to see who talks and to know who to listen to. JB gets wayyy to chaotic at peak hours.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5375

I think that maybe implementing something like having the t's vote for "best" ct at the end of every round and possibly having the winner receive first order could provide an opportunity for some of the more charismatic people on the server to really have a chance to set the tone and provide a positive and fun environment for all players during peak hours (25-30+ players)

You could even track the amount of times someone has won the vote and display that on a leaderboard.

• Like 2
Edited by idealist

• Content Count:  1583

I think that maybe implementing something like having the t's vote for "best" ct at the end of every round and possibly having the winner receive first order could provide an opportunity for some of the more charismatic people on the server to really have a chance to set the tone and provide a positive and fun environment for all players during peak hours (25-30+ players)

You could even track the amount of times someone have won the vote and display that on a leaderboard.

That sounds like a great idea if the majority of our players were over 12. I get the feeling this would just encourage people to give freedays.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  228

You could even track the amount of times someone have won the vote and display that on a leaderboard.

I feel like if a player is not liked, they would never get FO

• Like 1

• Content Count:  430

You could even track the amount of times someone has won the vote and display that on a leaderboard.

Honestly I think that's a good idea but you would always have 1 or 2 people screaming, "VOTE FOR ____" and "DON'T VOTE FOR ___". These people on mics would dictate who gets picked and in the end the same people would probably get voted for every round.

• Content Count:  5375

I feel like if a player is not liked, they would never get FO

It's also kind of the point. It turns playing CT into a competition so that players are incentivized to try and provide the most enjoyable atmosphere possible through peer pressure and the basic human need for acceptance and validation.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  228

It's also kind of the point. It turns playing CT into a competition so that players are incentivized to try and provide the most enjoyable atmosphere possible through peer pressure and the basic human need for acceptance and validation.

That was deep, but I understand. And is this ONLY for when we are at peak? or all the time?

• Content Count:  3294

This ignores the fact that people who are not liked, even though they enforce properly and have their fun too, are never going to be able to get the "lead CT" (or whatever) based on their social status.

None the less the CT rank is a thing we probably have always needed, an incentive to play CT (the right way). We probably shouldn't introduce any mass votings for who gets what but some sort of algorithm that rewards a ct experience point based on something. Now this something could be the t's having the ability to give a CT a point, but have the needed amount of points to be high enough so it isn't just bullshit kinda like reputation on the forums.

Also this:

it would make sense for only during peaks so a few people cant farm points
  • Like 1
Edited by TheZZL

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.