? servers

? players online

Forcing non-opinionated deathgames

• Content Count:  965

Since the playerbase we currently have basically only want to play razor or variations of razor, I feel as if we should be able to force deathgames such as Simon Says or First reaction last reaction, it's allows for CT's to force deathgames on maps such as razor were map deathgames are basically nonexistent. Of course in order to do this we would either have to make a list of banned deathgames, or just say "Simon says, First reaction last reaction and map deathgames are allowed, everything else isn't."

• Like 3

• Content Count:  697

Since the playerbase we currently have basically only want to play razor or variations of razor, I feel as if we should be able to force deathgames such as Simon Says or First reaction last reaction, it's allows for CT's to force deathgames on maps such as razor were map deathgames are basically nonexistent. Of course in order to do this we would either have to make a list of banned deathgames, or just say "Simon says, First reaction last reaction and map deathgames are allowed, everything else isn't."

I personally disagree with this because the rule allows for more maps to be played other than just those maps and we should stay away from exceptions.

• Content Count:  965

I personally disagree with this because the rule allows for more maps to be played other than just those maps and we should stay away from exceptions.

You completely misunderstood, my goal isn't to make people play razor more, if people wanna play other maps that's fine, I'm just saying when we're on maps like razor we should be able to force deathgames such as simon says. If people are going to vote for razor and vote for VIP I don't see the issue in adding this.

• Content Count:  301

I don't play JB but I was here the last time forced deathgames were allowed which included non-map deathgames such as simon says and so on. From what I got out of it the issue was the CTs only ever forced deathgames where they get to kill the Ts, such as the two you mentioned, and the map deathgames were rarely if ever played.

• Content Count:  1583

These are very subjective and would make work for admins a lot harder. You'd have to determine what the order was, if they said Simon says, and if the player was reasonably following it. If you wanted something like this I'd suggest deadly orders involving the map such as having all the Ts get on pool cat by 1:30 or making people do high dive on VIP.

I personally think not allowing death games like these will eventually encourage players to play lesser played maps.

• Content Count:  5375

I think the managers implemented the rules regarding which death games can be played on purpose. I don't think that these death games should be allowed because of the increased potential for abuse and or conflict arising from situations created from allowing these sorts of games.

• Content Count:  2342

From my experiences forced deathgame are rarely even forced because regulars aren't aware of the restrictions that have been changing for the past few weeks. Now that they've seem to have settled down we might see more deathgames being forced, but atm it's not neccessary IMHO just because of how few deathgames are forced

• Like 1
Edited by fantastic

• Content Count:  536

I could be wrong, but forced MAP deathgame have been re-introduced with heavy restrictions. In regard to your question, I think that player-given deathgames should be permitted with the same restrictions. At the end of the day, points don’t really have much value and if that’s the only reason why player ran deathgame a aren’t a thing, I think you guys should look back on that.

JB Changelog: https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60622&page=9

• Content Count:  3294

What @ThRza said is completely true, because of the fact that razor variations are extremely popular some map rules won't be acknowledged because it lacks map-made death-games. Something that people brought up was abuse, but we have a strong player-base and admins. If someone is to break this rule regulars are quick to explain the infraction and are either recording to report an ongoing abuse. Admins might have to pay closer attention to games like "Simon Says" or "First reaction last reaction", but I think it's a good sacrifice so our players can enjoy a round where it's not just "Crouch walk to pool, crouch walk to soccer, FREEZE, LR BY 1:00".

Edit: I also think we should advertise the changelog in the server. While I do get the notification on discord and see it on the forums A LOT of players online never see it.

Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  331

What @ThRza said is completely true, because of the fact that razor variations are extremely popular some map rules won't be acknowledged because it lacks map-made death-games. Something that people brought up was abuse, but we have a strong player-base and admins. If someone is to break this rule regulars are quick to explain the infraction and are either recording to report an ongoing abuse. Admins might have to pay closer attention to games like "Simon Says" or "First reaction last reaction", but I think it's a good sacrifice so our players can enjoy a round where it's not just "Crouch walk to pool, crouch walk to soccer, FREEZE, LR BY 1:00".

I completely agree. For the maps that DONT ALREADY have death games there should be CT made death games like Simon Says. As a JB player that plays CT a lot, I feel like this is necessary for the maps without a death game. At peak hours it’s very hard to get to LR without getting killed by a T.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread