? servers

? players online

Electric maps big cage

• Content Count:  824

On the electric maps (razor and revamp), in big cage, there is a "button" in the corner which opens up a vent to lead to a secret that leads to pool. If someone were to press that button which opens up the drop into the secret, but doesn't go in, am I still allowed to kill them just for pressing the button?

• Content Count:  1381

On the electric maps (razor and revamp), in big cage, there is a "button" in the corner which opens up a vent to lead to a secret that leads to pool. If someone were to press that button which opens up the drop into the secret, but doesn't go in, am I still allowed to kill them just for pressing the button?

No. Just like breaking the vent and not going in I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be kos. If it is then breaking the vent should be kos also (which it isn't).

• Like 1

• Content Count:  697

No. Just like breaking the vent and not going in I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be kos. If it is then breaking the vent should be kos also (which it isn't).

Big dumb dumb, pressing secret buttons is KOS so if someone presses the button even if they don't go in you can kill them.

• Like 1

Big dumb dumb, pressing secret buttons is KOS so if someone presses the button even if they don't go in you can kill them.

So opening a vent isn't kos but opening something that is basically also a vent IS kos? I know this is what the rules say but it has to be situational right? This doesn't really make sense to be honest.

• Content Count:  1799

So opening a vent isn't kos but opening something that is basically also a vent IS kos? I know this is what the rules say but it has to be situational right? This doesn't really make sense to be honest.

Not sure what you mean here, but hitting a vent open is different then using an invisible button.

• Content Count:  272

Any invisible button, ladder, block, or any other invisible thing is kos along with most teleports, catwalks and stairs leading to armory (except for the pool catwalk on electric and other maps even though it technically is connected to the armory one), and all vents. If a T presses the button and you are sure it was them you can kill them. Like @Manny it's the same with the iso secret.

Not sure what you mean here, but hitting a vent open is different then using an invisible button.

Yeah I know but they basically operate as a vent. You press/hit something to open a hole that leads to guns and/or kos areas. Both the vent and the button follow this and do the exact same thing except the button needs to be re-pressed. So yes, invisible buttons are KOS, but in this situation I don't really see why you can't kill for opening one hole, but you can kill them for opening another hole.

• Content Count:  1799

Yeah I know but they basically operate as a vent. You press/hit something to open a hole that leads to guns and/or kos areas. Both the vent and the button follow this and do the exact same thing except the button needs to be re-pressed. So yes, invisible buttons are KOS, but in this situation I don't really see why you can't kill for opening one hole, but you can kill them for opening another hole.

Because of the operation that opens the hole. Using an invisible button is KOS. Don't know how it's logical to even consider killing someone for knifing a vent, especially when a vent doesn't break/open on one hit.

• Content Count:  228

Invisible buttons are KOS. If you can kill a T for opening iso with the invis button, you can kill for opening that secret with an invis button.

This is correct, but I advise discretion, as it is very difficult to see who did it. You must be 100% sure before killing them. Just like in iso, only kill them if they are the only one in there, or if you saw them.

Reply to Thread