? servers

? players online

Is a hot dog a sandwich?

• Content Count:  353

Does every home owner own an extremely small part of the core of the Earth?

From an article:

"In United States v. Causby, the case that decided how property rights in airspace would work, the court found that the property rights in the air over a small farm extended up to 365 feet aboveground, and therefore that government airplanes flying at 83 feet aboveground (and frightening the farmer’s chickens to death) were trespassing.

Today, your property right in a piece of land extends as high above it as “normal use of the land” requires. That is, your property right extends as high as you build, plus a reasonable buffer so that overflights are high enough to not disturb your use of the land. In rural areas, that buffer is 360 feet; in urban and suburban areas, it’s 500 feet.

Property rights belowground still extend “all the way to hell”; you can dig as far as you want under your own land, but if your city wants to build a subway beneath it, it needs to purchase an easement from you. But the laws surrounding mineral rights (the right to extract oil, natural gas, or other underground resources) are fairly complex, so deep underground, property rights can get a little strange.

Just because your property right extends to an area, of course, doesn’t mean you’re permitted to go there. Laws can restrict how high you can build, how low you can dig, and what sorts of resources you’re allowed to extract from an area. And a property’s air or mineral rights can be sold separately from the property itself, so purchasing a particular property may not give you all of the rights associated with it."

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1

Hotdogs are deffinelty not a sandwich. Or at least not a traditional one. If i called a hotdog a sandwhich where i live i would be roasted for the rest of my life. :ninja::laugh:

• Content Count:  38

Now I'm in a pickle thinking about it. Ummmm Uh no i wouldn't consider it a sandwich because it only uses ONE bun. whereas you need two to make it a sandwhich... iiiii guessss???okay yeah i just dont think its a sandwhich. dont ask.

Reply to Thread