? servers

? players online

JB unplayable during peak hours

• Content Count:  18

From experience, I can say that T's rarely listen to the off mic order, especially if there is a lot of them all mic spamming. I think if CT's enforce that order harder then the T's would learn to respect it, but I don't know how they would implement that.

• Content Count:  820

Not that this is a bad idea, but I feel that this would be a bit to complicated and would only further arguments about who could talk and who couldn’t. It would restrict T’s to type let alone if someone who was micspamming could simply be that rounds rep and would basically have free reign to freely micspam.

In regard to the actual suggestion of muting said amount of T’s, I have a few questions. If this was implemented, would the number fluctuate or would it be a static, let’s say 10? Also, would this affect both CT’s and T’s in the sense let’s say 10 T’s we’re talking, would the lead CT be force muted or does the CT team have a bypass. Also maybe consider adding a CT override command to allow everyone to talk in certain situations.

I'm not really sure if this is even a good idea, but maybe we could have like 40 percent of the T's be rep's. So like if there were 25 T's, 10 would be reps and the rest would be muted for the round. As for someone mic spamming as a "rep" it would be more severe punishment than regular mic spamming because a command could be done at the beginning of the round for T's to become "rep". Like !fo but !rep or something like that...

Edit: This wouldn't apply to CT's at all, only to the T team

Edited by Tyymunk
add

• Content Count:  2162

I'm not really sure if this is even a good idea, but maybe we could have like 40 percent of the T's be rep's. So like if there were 25 T's, 10 would be reps and the rest would be muted for the round. As for someone mic spamming as a "rep" it would be more severe punishment than regular mic spamming because a command could be done at the beginning of the round for T's to become "rep". Like !fo but !rep or something like that...

Edit: This wouldn't apply to CT's at all, only to the T team

Personally dont see much reason for there to be a raffle as to who gets the ability to talk and who doesn't. The plugin like gentoo mentioned would be the best version of this imo as it allows anyone to talk during the round but only a certain number of people at a time can be on mic at once.

If it was implemented, it obviously would make sense to make CTs immune to the system of getting muted, although idk if it would make sense to add them to the talking queue or not when doing this. It might also be possible to check for someone who is on mic more than 30seconds or so continually, and they could be issues a small mute to allow for someone else to talk, and also cut back on possible micspam.

Just my two cents on the matter

• Content Count:  1583

Does anyone know what the other big Jailbreak servers do to control the talking? Is it just their warden always talking? I can go take a look if no one knows. If we figure it out though, we could possibly build off of whatever they do if it isn't just a warden.

Last I saw, they mute and ban very agressively.

• Content Count:  75

Does anyone know what the other big Jailbreak servers do to control the talking? Is it just their warden always talking? I can go take a look if no one knows. If we figure it out though, we could possibly build off of whatever they do if it isn't just a warden.

I played on a bunch of other JB servers about a week ago there are very active admins that monitor quite closely.

• Content Count:  820

Personally dont see much reason for there to be a raffle as to who gets the ability to talk and who doesn't. The plugin like gentoo mentioned would be the best version of this imo as it allows anyone to talk during the round but only a certain number of people at a time can be on mic at once.

If it was implemented, it obviously would make sense to make CTs immune to the system of getting muted, although idk if it would make sense to add them to the talking queue or not when doing this. It might also be possible to check for someone who is on mic more than 30seconds or so continually, and they could be issues a small mute to allow for someone else to talk, and also cut back on possible micspam.

Just my two cents on the matter

haha didn't even read Gentoo's post til now. I agree that this would be a good solution to the problem but like someone said, some people might not know they are being heard...

• Content Count:  115

from what i've seen, on some servers like XG and Swoobs, its a rule to not speak over the warden, with XG going the extra measure and within the warden's menu, there is a force mute feature that last only a certain amount of time.

while personally, i do believe we're in a bit of an odd situation with implementing something of that degree with multiple orders being broadcasted over each other at times, i personally think maybe a rule change of how cts can give orders and when might serve for a difference in gameplay, yes, but also provide the moments of peace and structurt that OP says is needed with the player-count

im not sure how or what these rules could be, but in general focusing on the concept of cts giving orders i feel is a good compromise along with the rule we already have in place for "All Ts off mic".

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.