? servers

? players online

JB unplayable during peak hours

• Content Count:  1799

We plan to talk about the Voice Comm Issues during our Community Meeting this Saturday. We’ve already implemented a way for you guys, as a T, to mute other Ts.

2/3/19

• Added SelfMute plugin

The commands are as follows:

• !sm or !selfmute - Mute that player
  • !sm or !selfmute - Brings up menu of players to mute
  • !su or !selfunmute - Unmute that player
  • !su or !selfunmute - Brings up menu of players to unmute
  • !cm or !checkmute - Prints list of players you have muted

We're adding this to help combat the current issue with mic spamming. If you're having trouble hearing orders, you can mute the Ts causing the problem. You are not able to mute anyone on CT side. (Huge thank you to @BoTo for editing the plugin to do this and @Wawa and @Manny for helping test it) This is to avoid any confusion caused by a CT being muted while giving orders.

Please report any bugs that occur here.

Be sure to show up to the meeting, we’d love to talk about it more during then. As for muting Ts until there are only 15 left, I don’t think that’s really a good solution to the issue at hand, especially when you take things like, what if there’s just 16 Ts on, what if the server is just really quiet and no mute is needed(sometimes it happens), or what if a T wants to ask a verbal question or needs to explain a situation?

• Content Count:  1583

On another TTT server, they had a command that only allowed a certain number of people to be talking at once. I hated this for TTT, but I think it would fit in great if it was applied to JBs T side. Not only would it cut down on chatter, but it would make it very easy for admins and players to pinpoint an mute people yelling and micspamming, therefore clearing comms for the people who can actually talk productively.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5377

On another TTT server, they had a command that only allowed a certain number of people to be talking at once. I hated this for TTT, but I think it would fit in great if it was applied to JBs T side. Not only would it cut down on chatter, but it would make it very easy for admins and players to pinpoint an mute people yelling and micspamming, therefore clearing comms for the people who can actually talk productively.

good idea

• Content Count:  1799

This was actually brought up a while ago in a JB staff meeting, I believe. I think @Wawa was looking into it, not sure if @Dominic knows about it though since he wasn’t present back then. Pretty sure the conclusion was that some people wouldn’t know if they’re being heard or not as well as something else that I’ve forgotten. I guess it would be cool to just test it for the weekend and see how it goes, it wouldn’t hurt.

• Content Count:  1583

This was actually brought up a while ago in a JB staff meeting, I believe. I think @Wawa was looking into it, not sure if @Dominic knows about it though since he wasn’t present back then. Pretty sure the conclusion was that some people wouldn’t know if they’re being heard or not as well as something else that I’ve forgotten. I guess it would be cool to just test it for the weekend and see how it goes, it wouldn’t hurt.

There's a toast notification telling you that too many people are talking and you can't be heard. I'll go into more details at the community meeting.

• Content Count:  536

Maybe we could have something that allows for T’s to request at the beginning of the round to be “representatives” for the T team. Like 5 people could be unmuted the entire game. Idk maybe it’s dumb but just an idea

Not that this is a bad idea, but I feel that this would be a bit to complicated and would only further arguments about who could talk and who couldn’t. It would restrict T’s to type let alone if someone who was micspamming could simply be that rounds rep and would basically have free reign to freely micspam.

In regard to the actual suggestion of muting said amount of T’s, I have a few questions. If this was implemented, would the number fluctuate or would it be a static, let’s say 10? Also, would this affect both CT’s and T’s in the sense let’s say 10 T’s we’re talking, would the lead CT be force muted or does the CT team have a bypass. Also maybe consider adding a CT override command to allow everyone to talk in certain situations.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.