? servers

? players online

No past first cell freeday

• Content Count:  536

It would be cool if we had some sort of plugin that could be used like markers but drew lines instead which would indicate where certain boundaries are. You can use bullets but it might not be a bad idea to implement something like this to minimize confusion.

• Content Count:  820

It would be cool if we had some sort of plugin that could be used like markers but drew lines instead which would indicate where certain boundaries are. You can use bullets but it might not be a bad idea to implement something like this to minimize confusion.

I agree, I feel like if there was a way we could put that diagram as an img on the maps somewhere we could avoid a lot of confusion.

• Content Count:  3294

I agree, I feel like if there was a way we could put that diagram as an img on the maps somewhere we could avoid a lot of confusion.

While I don't think constructing a diagram on ALL maps is necessary, we should probably try to enforce the understanding of what "past first cell/first cell" means. Countless times T's are told they have a "freeday no past first cell" on maps with very unclear first cell borders, or a map where first cell doesn't exist (Spy Vs. Spy, Moonjail, Arizona, etc.). Most regulars know the only maps with a clear first cell are the revamp/razor/vip trio, we just need to make sure people properly know that.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1266

Lots of valid points on this thread, but I counter with this: Why not stray from 'freedays no past first cells' on every map? I understand that on some maps there isn't much to do so a freeday is often the most fun choice to go with, but plenty of other maps have lots of things to do and CTs should not be relying on freedays every single round.

Outlining what we constitute as 'past first cell' on every map is not only time consuming; it will most likely be quickly swept under the rug with hardly anyone bothering to actually look at it.

• Like 2

Lots of valid points on this thread, but I counter with this: Why not stray from 'freedays no past first cells' on every map? I understand that on some maps there isn't much to do so a freeday is often the most fun choice to go with, but plenty of other maps have lots of things to do and CTs should not be relying on freedays every single round.

Outlining what we constitute as 'past first cell' on every map is not only time consuming; it will most likely be quickly swept under the rug with hardly anyone bothering to actually look at it.

With the way that our server is ran and maintained, it’s very hard to do anything other than free days. 90% of the times I try to have “fun” or do something different, either everyone rebels before the time we are even there let alone most maps don’t really have many passive activities, meaning not a deathgame. Maybe allowing CTs to force death games would give some variety, but at this point trying to control then general population at elevated times is near impossible. In this case, we substitute a “day” for a free day as even without it, the round will slowly descend into hell to the point of simply being a free day because the CT team can’t manage everyone. In my opinion, this gets annoying after the 5th time trying to do something so I give up and fall into the eternal free day cycle or the stereotypical go to big cage.

• Content Count:  1266

With the way that our server is ran and maintained, it’s very hard to do anything other than free days. 90% of the times I try to have “fun” or do something different, either everyone rebels before the time we are even there let alone most maps don’t really have many passive activities, meaning not a deathgame. Maybe allowing CTs to force death games would give some variety, but at this point trying to control then general population at elevated times is near impossible. In this case, we substitute a “day” for a free day as even without it, the round will slowly descend into hell to the point of simply being a free day because the CT team can’t manage everyone. In my opinion, this gets annoying after the 5th time trying to do something so I give up and fall into the eternal free day cycle or the stereotypical go to big cage.

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60622&page=9

They're allowed now, under relatively strict conditions.

Regardless, as long as there isn't a kid who decides he wants to up his Stattrak kills for his m4a4 so he goes and hides in a vent then screams "FREEDAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!" CTs can more than easily keep control of the Ts; just yesterday as a personal anecdote on Razor of all maps(the most barebone of all maps), CTs actually 'won' (I don't remember the exact score 9-5 I believe) because the order every round wasn't 'freeday'; SkinnyDips rounded up a lot of the Ts and played a death game that they actually enjoyed, while the rest of us kept the other Ts moving around and entertained.

It's about being on the same page, and realizing that freedays do not help CTs in the slightest

Edited by anuL

https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60622&page=9

They're allowed now, under relatively strict conditions.

Regardless, as long as there isn't a kid who decides he wants to up his Stattrak kills for his m4a4 so he goes and hides in a vent then screams "FREEDAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!" CTs can more than easily keep control of the Ts; just yesterday as a personal anecdote on Razor of all maps(the most barebone of all maps), CTs actually 'won' (I don't remember the exact score 9-5 I believe) because the order every round wasn't 'freeday'; SkinnyDips rounded up a lot of the Ts and played a death game that they actually enjoyed, while the rest of us kept the other Ts moving around and entertained.

It's about being on the same page, and realizing that freedays do not help CTs in the slightest

I was unaware this was changed which is really good to hear because I think that Is really beneficial to the server. Either way, that clears up a lot of things and I should’ve read the change log considering that I haven’t played in 3 months so my bad on that part. Glad to see something like this change as I believe it will have a huge impact.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.