? servers

? players online

Scrim Tournament?

• Content Count:  1

I was thinking it could be a pretty cool idea to host a scrim tournament for those that want to play a little more competitively, and i thought that we could make a roster and the winner(s) would get good amounts of Ranking points or maybe skins if enough people join.(just a suggestion)

• Content Count:  615

I actually really enjoy watching/participating in 5v5 tournaments. I wouldn't mind hosting one but from the past few that I've been around for there have been some issues.

In terms of how teams are made there are really only a few options that work for us. The first option would be players just signing up and then I would make teams made at random. This was the case in the last scrim tournament hosted by @roux, but it was almost impossible to pick a time that suited all 10 players without letting the tournament drag on for months. The second option would be to allow players to sign up with pre-made teams. This is the way I would prefer to host it, but most likely we will have 2 or 3 teams that just stomp all the others so who knows how many people would be willing to sign up.

Either way we've had some fun in the past with events like these and I wouldn't mind having another one.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1799

I definitely want to host a scrim tourney. This is, right now would be a bad time as everyone is currently in school and for those that have school but also work, would make it 10x hard for scheduling purposes. Definitely expect one in the summer.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  353

I would be interested in a tournament.

Idea: Instead of pre-determined teams or random why not just do a captains draft after everyone has signed up.

30 people sign up = 6 teams. Make 6 people captains. Let them "roll" for pick order. Then, they pick from the 24 people that are left until 0 people are left to choose from.

• Content Count:  614

Idea: Instead of pre-determined teams or random why not just do a captains draft after everyone has signed up.

30 people sign up = 6 teams. Make 6 people captains. Let them "roll" for pick order. Then, they pick from the 24 people that are left until 0 people are left to choose from.

Honestly wouldn't make much of a difference from @tides assigning everyone to a team to make it even. He plays scrim regularly and knows almost everyone that plays so he would be a fair judge in assigning teams with similar skill levels. The problem of scheduling would still be an issue.

• Content Count:  353

Honestly wouldn't make much of a difference from @tides assigning everyone to a team to make it even. He plays scrim regularly and knows almost everyone that plays so he would be a fair judge in assigning teams with similar skill levels. The problem of scheduling would still be an issue.

Assigning people to teams seems a lot less fun than people having influence over their own. Also, in the past, individuals who may not play at SG often have shown up for scrim related events. Friends of friends for example. Either way, I think people should have some sort of influence over their teams so that they can play with people who they know/are comfortable with/have some sort of chemistry with/like/etc.

• Content Count:  615

I do think it would be pretty cool to have captains and then maybe do a live draft in TS, could be pretty entertaining. But, like @Rhyzhe said, the problem is communication. When players on the same team aren't already friends they don't communicate and all of the sudden people don't show up for matches.

• Content Count:  2206

Would it be possible to run like a weekend mini tournament. Make a poll asking when the best weekend would be so that everyone knows in advance and can be there for a block of time on saturday/sunday. Have teams have 7 players so you have 2 subs if needed.

As far as balancing teams go, if it's just a fun tournament then I can see doing a draft or tides making teams as the best option(personally I'd rather see a draft so I have some control over of my team) but if there's gonna be any kind of a prize people should be able to make their own teams, but encouraged to not be complete assholes about it. Or do a draft and see if @murphy @Malibu @Noob^ @H4X0R etc will be captains this way the best players are spread across the teams and then the skill levels between teams won't be as extreme as if me and noob or Murphy and Mali, etc would be on one team. @tides I'm down to help you organize and run this but I also would want to be a player yo!

• Content Count:  660

Would it be possible to run like a weekend mini tournament. Make a poll asking when the best weekend would be so that everyone knows in advance and can be there for a block of time on saturday/sunday. Have teams have 7 players so you have 2 subs if needed.

As far as balancing teams go, if it's just a fun tournament then I can see doing a draft or tides making teams as the best option(personally I'd rather see a draft so I have some control over of my team) but if there's gonna be any kind of a prize people should be able to make their own teams, but encouraged to not be complete assholes about it. Or do a draft and see if @murphy @Malibu @Noob^ @H4X0R etc will be captains this way the best players are spread across the teams and then the skill levels between teams won't be as extreme as if me and noob or Murphy and Mali, etc would be on one team. @tides I'm down to help you organize and run this but I also would want to be a player yo!

Neck clan 2019 SGSL champions.

But i think players should be able to pick who they want on their team, maybe not premade but a draft would be decent. If teams are fully randomized we'll never be able to get everyone on at the same time.

• Like 1
Edited by Noob^

Reply to Thread