? servers

? players online

Scrim Tournament?

• Content Count:  660

We have had both styles of tournaments last year. The first one was make your own teams , the second one was balanced teams by Roux.

Imo the "make your own team" tournament was much much more fun. And i understand this is a subjective opinion. But the quality of the games was night and day. I remember my team's scrim vs the ExK stack was one of the most fun scrim matches i had in the entire year. I don't think a higher level scrim aimwise has been played since either.

But the obvious downside is the players on the lower end wont stand a chance to win. But it might not be a bad thing for them to experience what playing against a decent team feels like and not relying on the good player to clutch it out every round. I remember in the second tournament if the carry had a bad game the tournament was over.

What i would do is revive the old SGSL, create X teams in the community , maybe even involve other servers to come along like back in the day doesn't matter how good they are. But don't start off with random brackets. Rather do a round robin style into a seeded bracket so that the 2 best teams don't meet in round 1 and one gets eliminated like last time. This way you also get to play every team instead of only half. Since i'm always sad when i don't get to play X in the tourney because of a coin toss.

edit: since this is a bigger thing to organise i would keep this for the summer though

• Like 7

• Content Count:  484

I really like the idea of having a set of captains and they all choose players until none are left like @Ejivis said. A big problem with this, like the other people mentioned, it's hard to pick a time that TEN people agree with so I think this should be held off until summer, where more people can play. I would like to be in the tournament tbh, since I wasn't in the last one.

• Content Count:  1020

We have had both styles of tournaments last year. The first one was make your own teams , the second one was balanced teams by Roux.

Imo the "make your own team" tournament was much much more fun. And i understand this is a subjective opinion. But the quality of the games was night and day. I remember my team's scrim vs the ExK stack was one of the most fun scrim matches i had in the entire year. I don't think a higher level scrim aimwise has been played since either.

But the obvious downside is the players on the lower end wont stand a chance to win. But it might not be a bad thing for them to experience what playing against a decent team feels like and not relying on the good player to clutch it out every round. I remember in the second tournament if the carry had a bad game the tournament was over.

What i would do is revive the old SGSL, create X teams in the community , maybe even involve other servers to come along like back in the day doesn't matter how good they are. But don't start off with random brackets. Rather do a round robin style into a seeded bracket so that the 2 best teams don't meet in round 1 and one gets eliminated like last time. This way you also get to play every team instead of only half. Since i'm always sad when i don't get to play X in the tourney because of a coin toss.

edit: since this is a bigger thing to organise i would keep this for the summer though

I remember the first and how when you made your own team it was more fun just because you were with your friends. That may just be subjective also as my team made it to the finals but when we went against the other team it was truly fun to just try your hardest or even fuck around every once in awhile with people you actually like so the match doesn't dread on.

• Content Count:  660

I remember the first and how when you made your own team it was more fun just because you were with your friends. That may just be subjective also as my team made it to the finals but when we went against the other team it was truly fun to just try your hardest or even fuck around every once in awhile with people you actually like so the match doesn't dread on.

I agree , i made it to the finals both times last year. First tournament against your team. Which was an amazing final super close and interesting , quadruple OT i believe. In the final of the second tournament the game was over by round 3 when it was obvious i was just not performing. Think we got rolled 6-16 by Cookie , who we beat in the second round of the tournament 16-8 or something since that game he was having a bad game. But thats the nature of these balanced teams.

First tournament if i had a bad game , fuze , noob , empy etc etc could just take the lead and i'd play a supporting style. In the second tournament the final my bad game meant we had no chance, and this is no fault of my team , but i can't expect them to carry me vs cookie and goob(who had a fucking insane game).

Reply to Thread