? servers

? players online

I'm on a misson

• Content Count:  498

That mission is to find out if talking while dead and you're a admin without a tag is it admin abuse? Over the past week i've made a post that blew up over night because i'm the only person on jailbreak/sg that had the balls to even speak up against this. i'm on the verge of admin complaining every admin i see do something wrong i don't want to flame kids like that but calling me "toxic" and "dumb" for telling you what you're doing wrong just is not the way to go about it.

Hopefully the AT sees this.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  820

That mission is to find out if talking while dead and you're a admin without a tag is it admin abuse? Over the past week i've made a post that blew up over night because i'm the only person on jailbreak/sg that had the balls to even speak up against this. i'm on the verge of admin complaining every admin i see do something wrong i don't want to flame kids like that but calling me "toxic" and "dumb" for telling you what you're doing wrong just is not the way to go about it.

Hopefully the AT sees this.

I absolutely agree with this on all points. There are certain admins who feel that there rank entitles them to follow the rules sometimes and not other times. Enforce rules sometimes and not other times. I know not every person is perfect, no one is. I am defenitely not. But what I am saying is that admins need to be held more accountable for their actions as they have more power than regular people. This is a small issue that outlines a larger one, admins abusing their power...

• Content Count:  1266

wait

what did pred say i was hitting frags in sg

Nothing relevant; as for what you're saying in the original post, I've actually been wanting to gather @Wawa and @Dominic's opinion on this since it did come under the spotlight recently. I personally find it a bit asinine to make them tag up just for talking; However, I wouldn't mind issuing a warning to the greenhorns that their privilege is for addressing issues that were brought to their attention and not to hinder !fo with unnecessary quips.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  5674

Like I said in your previous thread, it's not all cut and dry. If an admin is answering a question on mic while being dead and accidentally talks over some orders, it's not a big deal. If they're reading an entire book on mic, obviously there's a problem. In any case though, you have to have your tag on as an admin.

Going to mark this and lock it. PM me or another higher up with further questions or concerns.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  11501

Like I said in your previous thread, it's not all cut and dry. If an admin is answering a question on mic while being dead and accidentally talks over some orders, it's not a big deal. If they're reading an entire book on mic, obviously there's a problem. In any case though, you have to have your tag on as an admin.

Going to mark this and lock it. PM me or another higher up with further questions or concerns.

To add onto this:

There’s some sort of disconnect for what abuse actually is. While there’s an argument to be made for ‘they’re abusing their abilities to speak while dead’, I think that it’s not completely out of this world to play devil’s advocate and understand that some may see it as a perk to being admin.

Obviously, talking over orders or something like that disrupts gameplay and can be handled as such, but even something like them commentating (ie “oh damn! Nice shot!”) occasionally would hardly be classified as abuse, imo. I don’t think that a situation like this would ever even need to see an admin complaint - I think that by addressing an issue directly by asking them to stop talking because you can’t hear the orders or something would be the end of that. Tbh if I saw a complaint on something like that, and the complainer never even asked the admin to stop, I’d probably reject the complaint.

Situations can (and should) be handled at the lowest level possible.

• Like 6

Reply to Thread